CHAPTER 28: RUNNING AWAY FROM QUESTIONS

Author's POV

Natasha stepped away from her door to the railing, talking with Ralph on her mobile in a hushed tone.

" She's fine. "

Ralph breathed on the other line, shaky breaths and grunts leaving his lips. He had just told her how he was yanked out of his bed out of the blue by Rehan Khan only to find Mrs Barlow and Mrs Roux right beside his bed. Then he was suffocated with question after question until they received an incarnation from the Headmaster about Dahlia's sudden appearance in the Thunderwelt castle.

Only then they left both Ralph and his nanny to breathe.

" She found a secret passage out of the school within two weeks. " Natasha muttered, absent-mindedly, earning a scoff from the other side.

Ralph " Which had gotten her in a severe corner. "

" Whatever. But is there really a passage—

" No. There could never be such in Metaneart, Natasha. I've been studying here for a year and believe me, when I say I had to force off half of my life here because of my—

" What if you didn't notice them around? "

" Who wouldn't notice it— Maybe, I would sometimes. Then...let me ask some experts. " saying so, Ralph declined the call, leaving Natasha huff in silence.

Looking back at the closed door and after Scrazzy left her room, Natasha decided to take a short walk to clear her head and magically, appeared before the infirmary.

She walked inside, lazily, thinking she'd go to her room after bidding night for Amanda but the sight of Jwan standing close to one of the cabinets caught her off.

As Jwan picked Natasha's presence long before she entered the floor, he called her with a nod.

Natasha's eyes stayed on the bed where Dahlia was supposed to be before they moved to Amanda when Jwan walked to her bed. She saw him stretching his hand over her forehead with a blue glow covering his palm for a few seconds and retreating it.

" She's been calm. The chaos has calmed down it seems. "

Natasha blinked, baffled, yet didn't raise questions as Jwan stretched his hand again to her head, now with an electric green glow, and closed his eyes.

" What's wrong, Mama? "

Jwan opened his eyes and shook his head. " I was searching for her conscious. Usually, it takes two to three months for Werewolves to retain their human self after losing their wolf. For Amanda, as an Alpha and surviving with no wolf for such a long time, it should have been only a matter of time to regain her posture. But... "

" She has no improvement yet? "

" Yes. " he sighed, tiredly. " I can't pinpoint why is this happening to her when she's actually in a forced slumber. For Rayon, we know it was because of both— " Jwan clicked his tongue when he realised he jumped a line, shaking his head.

" Erik was forced into rest? For what? "

Jwan avoided Natasha's eyes and fortunately, Daniel, out of the blue, entered the infirmary calling for him.

Natasha whipped her eyes to her brother on seeing him in the middle of the night, still, in his uniform and a bit exhausted from whatever he was doing.

" Kwang Joon Daniel Dark, you were alive?! " she grunted rushing to his side to punch a fist right at his chest, knowing well it was nothing more than an ant bite to him.

" Hey, Princess. I missed—

Of course, Daniel had no chance to speak since Natasha had picked up something from a cabinet to break it down on his head beyond the line of frustration.