CHAPTER 22: SANADORE KARDIA

Author's POV

Wonhae was trying hard to not regret his decision.

He was pushed yet again by the force of the deadly ice spikes while the growls from a certain woman scarred the surroundings followed by another growl from his son.

" Amanda— Can— " Erik was thrown to the side with Daiki's howl behind them.

Amanda stood dangerously close to the side of the lake as she peered at Erik's hardening face, her hands frozen with the frost slowly covering almost all of her body.

" How...how dare you? " her eyes turned a wild silver with the smoky blue almost gone. " Kim... Kim— "

" Ma-ma, please, calm down... " Daiki tried his best to ease his raging daughter but it seemed like the woman only had eyes for the young Trueblood, who got no chance to voice out to her.

" Stop it. " Wonhae dashed to her side and pulled her off of the lakeside before Amanda growled and thrashed wanting to resist.

But Wonhae was fast enough to cage her to one of the trees as he growled yet again, stopping Amanda's thrashes for a brief while. Within seconds, the ancient Alpha was able to force her eyes to meet his ever so slowly, with Wonhae's gentle whispers around the storming grunts, Amanda's rage died down.

" Alpha— " Amanda choked what she believed was her first word since she had gone wild after long years.

She slowly recognised the man standing before her.

Images of a bloody ground right after the teary-eyed face of her cousin, Natasha— who once she believed was dead —and an almost fading face of the man she loved through the centuries passed through her vision before her eyes finally settled on the man standing a few feet behind the ancient Alpha, who had forced her on a trunk.

" He... He— "Her eyes practically took no time before they were a pool of pearly tears. " Kill— Mah— "

Wonhae was seeing right through her eyes. He could practically see the worst part of her memory that wielded only the sight of a beautiful baby boy on the floor of a wooden house and an unknown... No, a familiar pair of forest green and silver-layered eyes staring at her.

The familiar figure of his son stood not so far away from the sobbing mother as she broke down at the sight of her child dead on the floor.

" He killed my baby! "

He gulped when Amanda finally finished with a shaky sob as her knees tumbled and let her kiss the icy ground with a heart-breaking cry for her deceased newborn.

" No. " Erik growled.

He didn't want to do that. Of course, not after his Dad's almost threatening glare for him to stay as quiet as possible for him to calm the distressed woman.

Yet Amanda was, still, fast enough to catch sight of Erik once again as their eyes clashed and a ferocious roar lept out of her lips. Fortunately, Wonhae remained as a shield strong enough to stop them from railing on each other.

" I didn't do it. " Erik grunted once again after Amanda's threatening howl.

He could sense his wolf growling at the back of his head for the needed reverence as an Alpha from an equal Alpha.

An Alpha would not bear blame that he had nothing to do with.

" Then why did you run away?! " Amanda grumbled trying to stand with her wobbly legs but failed after her second try.

Her legs were too weak to carry her after a long period without nutrients when she, finally, understood she could no longer run away.

With a loud sigh, Wonhae hunched down to her level and grabbed both of Amanda's trembling hands. They were no longer covered in ice but radiated coldness too much for a living person.