CHAPTER 48: FOUR BONDS

Author's POV

Natasha's brows quirked. She narrowed her eyes on Ben's sad smile.

" Were you around during that war? "

" No, I was born much later. Maybe a few centuries before the Lycan Outburst. "

Everything that swarmed around Natasha's mind died down when that certain term left the old man's lips. While Ben continued to talk about the Battle of Ombra, Natasha remained on Lycan.

" —could get a better idea if you read ' Mirai: The Chosen One ' It's such a nice documentary from the—

" You said something about Lycan Outburst. "

" Yeah, known famously as the Massacre in Southern Territory, I heard. You could say, both these battles were fought for the same reason. Hybrids. Battle of Ombra, Ryunz began it by assassinating two Royals and when Demons began the war, the other 5 had no choice but to attack back. It was started to avoid the birth of a hybrid. But this Outburst was imposed after the birth of the hybrid, who was cursed to be the slave of the Demons for whatever had happened before 4000 years. They underestimated the power of a hybrid. He fought against them but when his mate was killed, he rampaged the ground. He destroyed the entire Southern Territory, a part of the Demon kingdom. I'm not sure what happened to him after that... "

A deadly silence was all Ben earned after his summary of the Lycan Outburst. Of course, Natasha recognised the story to be a fragment of what Reena had told her a long while ago. She remembered gaining confirmation from the Lycan himself.

But still, a spark of longing ignited in a corner of her heart, speaking for her man. Because of the spark, Natasha grimly asked the last question.

" Who's...this hybrid? "

" Have you heard about the Prince of Cambodia? "

#

With long ticks of her heels, Serena Tylor walked inside the long corridor with elegant steps to meet a large teel-tainted wooden door. The guards on either side of the door inclined their heads to the Royal and pushed the door open.

" Greetings, Prince Youngchul. "

Prince Youngchul, Royal of the Demons, flashed her a handsome smile as he walked to the table in the centre of the room, calmly.

" Greetings, Queen of All Witches. "

They shared a smile and took their seats across each other before they were served drinks by a few maids. Once they were alone after a few minutes, Youngchul started.

" I never thought I'd see you here in Ombra, Serena. "

Pulled by his voice, Serena tilted her head and chuckled.

" I never expected Your Highness to take force on the Cambodian Kingdom too. Why didn't you ever let me know, Your Highness? "

The question had faltered Youngchul's smile. He shifted his eyes elsewhere, leaning on his chair as an annoying grunt left his lips.

" I also was forced to leave the grounds, Serena. Why would I tell you that? "

Serena's eyes twitched. From Scarlett's information, all she got was, that Youngchul had taken his force out of the blue once the Royal Wolves shifted.

" You were forced? "

" Have you heard a term called Alvaro? "

Queen of All Witches shook her head, the name not ringing the bell. But Youngchul urged her to ponder deeply, proceeding to explain about the race which went extinct after the Battle of Ombra.