CHAPTER 32: HELLO, NEW VISITOR!

Author's POV

On a warm Wednesday afternoon, Wonhae was deep in his office when his Male Delta, Heosik, entered his cabin after a knock.

The Delta bowed his head. " Alpha, the Warrior wolf in border patrol has just called in about a Vampire requesting to enter the border. "

Wonhae tilted his head, confused. " I haven't received any message from the clans or from Hunter. " he added with a grunt. " Ask Beta Ziochung to teleport them here. "

Heosik nodded and in less than five minutes, he entered the cabin followed by Zio and a female vampire, carrying a box in one hand.

The Vampire bowed to the Alpha, respectfully, her hand firm on the left side of her chest and neck barred. " I apologise in advance for my sudden appearance at the border, Your Royal Majesty. I hereby swear I'm no threat to the pack. "

" I accept. " Wonhae nodded, rising from his seat to meet the Vampire's eyes flashing a pale shade of brown as she raised her head.

Must be a trusted member of the Vampire Royal family.

Vampires' eyes change shades respective to their ranks in the hierarchy. For example, the direct Royal blood of Vampires had grey while the blood relations of them had dark turquoise mixed with black. The next in rank refers to the Warriors with almost dark or pale brownish eyes followed by common Vampires with red and a few, rarely, black eyes.

" If it is my mate you've come to meet, I'm sorry, he's currently unavailable in pack grounds. "

" I was asked to meet you, Your Royal Majesty. His Royal Majesty had prior this week contacted General Graves. "

Wonhae blinked at the Vampire, surprised by the news of his mate contacting his cousin in the Vampire lands.

" General Graves says he had promised you, Your Royal Majesty, of some sort and needed a check if he could take a step and hand these records to His Royal Majesty. "

Mention of the old promise Wonhae had asked from Hunter Graves, Jwan's cousin, a few centuries ago, had recollected the buried memories of their past.

The promise to not let Jwan enter the prohibited lands or get his hands on anything concerned with the origin of his past.

Wonhae breathed a sigh and stretched his hands to her. She, with no words, politely handed him the records and bowed.

" Thank you for your time, Your Royal Majesty. "

Wonhae saw her leave through the door and as if on cue, Delta Heosik bowed at the Alpha and followed her after a curt nod from the Beta.

" What's the promise General Graves has given to you, Alpha? " Zio asked, gently.

" For your Luna... I've asked him to not let him anywhere near his past. " Wonhae mumbled, hoping for his Beta to catch him. " If you remember well...during those times, he was out of control almost all the time and...and yearned for his parents. "

The harsh intake of breath from the Alpha told Zio what he was mentioning. The mere mention of the period, in which their Luna's life was in threat, had Zio's eyes darkening.

" Though he was in a fragile state, I couldn't underestimate the beast he resides with. " Wonhae managed to calm Zio's wolf, gently. " To not trigger him, I had to force Hunter to keep everything aside from his reach and had patrols around the Southern Territory borders to spot if he had ever appeared there. "

Zio looked at his Alpha, unbelievably. The entire pack and almost the entire Ukiyo knew about the resentment the Royal Vampire held for the Evangeline Mountain and Zio, of course, was one of them. Why would the Luna go there if he had despised the place so much to let it burn for a decade?