CHAPTER6: K

Natasha's POV

I felt myself being dragged back to the corridor we were walking from. Erik pulled back into the noisy ballroom, before leaving me with Ji and Reena who were sincerely chatting about a championship competition in Ukiyo with two powerful players from Werewolves and Vampires.

I didn't notice Erik was gone. I barely got a glimpse of him heatedly talking with someone on his mobile as he quickly walked out of the ballroom.

" What do you think, Natasha? " Reena suddenly shook me out of my trance as she expectantly looked at me for answers which I don't know the question of.

" What were you guys actually talking about? "

" You seem...ah– Nothing. " Reena stopped. I noticed her eyes briefly glancing at my back before she started talking with Ji again. I subtly turned around to be met with my brother talking with someone from the pack, often trying to peek a quick glance at me, when he found me staring at him back, he gently raised his hand and signed what.

I quickly shook my head and turned around. I couldn't help but think back to what happened.

Who in the hell would've thought that I'd be someone's second mate? I nearly wanted to scowl...but that's the truth. Erik actually had a mate before...and she died right before him. How has he been living with the pain? His mate... Why didn't anyone mention her? What might've been her name? Was she related to any of them? Did they know her? Wait... Reena had mentioned that the pack was named by the Lycan's mate, which should exactly be her. She was called as the princess... So, they all must've known her.

Not knowing how long I was in the trance, I finally sighed trying to focus on something else only to find myself again in the pit of some awful thoughts.

It doesn't ache to ask someone if they have known his first mate... The Hinin girl, daughter of the female delta was right when she was talking about his mate. But still...this all seems like a dream.

Within minutes, the illuminating bright lights of the hall dimmed lightening the place with faint neon lights while the packhouse shimmered in glitters, couples moved in sync to the centre, dancing along to the rhythmic tune of an old track.

I saw Ziochung urging the newfound mates of the pack including Daniel-Reena, Tenison-Laura and Jison-Ji to the dance floor making them go along to the tune. I looked around trying my best to be not noticed by others, for fear of getting asked about where my mate was. I could barely remember Hyu-Jun talking about mating ceremonies in packs, including dance as a lovely ritual or something to start their life.

How lovely it would've been if Erik was here...?

I forced my eyes towards the couples to hopefully try out of the trance. Daniel and Reena were the only duos who were simply, dancing with love. Laura was often seen flashing cute little smiles at Tenison, who reluctantly danced like an old man who had his hands in the air. About Jison and Ji, they were glaring at each other as they often stomped on themselves mistakenly and sometimes intentionally, knowing that the other got annoyed.

But soon when Jackson, the single man in the group who was freestyling in the middle and not caring about the others, stopped his dance and made it towards Ji with sulking Yeon in his hands, his lips constantly moving in inaudible words as if he was cursing someone under his breath.

Ji was out of the ring and Jison was so much delighted to walk out of the ring when Jackson offered a hand to dance and reminded him in a loud voice in between the booming tune of the song, that he should at least dance for half an hour for the sake of rules that their great-great-great-alpha and Luna created just because they were bored, earning a fit of giggles and cackles from their fellow members and glare from Mama Jwan.