CHAPTER 21: NEW COMPANION?

Author's POV

" That's enough of playing, Dad! I'm soaked in blood! " Erik growled when the giant spot of the black wolf he call his father pounced on a rabbit that was frightened at the sight of his father's sharpened canines.

' Don't expect a hungry wolf to go waste after a long fight. '

" I know but you still can get dinner if we make it to my apartment quick enough to change into something clean and return home. I don't think Appa would prefer knowing you got into a rampage and I, for sure, know Natasha would not be sane if she sees me like this. I wouldn't need anyone else other than my own mate for me to end up in a human jail for years. "

' Jeez! He sounds like an old man! ' Lavi growled while Wonhae somehow agreed with his wolf.

" Whatever for you to come fast. Let the poor thing go. It reminds me of my little brother and... " Erik squinted his eyes hard when Lavi leaned down to the rabbit's neck. " I vow to Mother Moon that I would scream at Appa's face that you purposefully killed an innocent bunny even though I said that IT reminded me of my brother! " he was practically howling so loud for his father to let the poor thing go.

' Stop it. I was just...ki–kidding. ' Lavi stammered blinking wide, immediately staggering away from the frightened little creature that disappeared at godspeed when he turned away to look at Erik, knowing full well that he'd do what he just said.

" We must get going, " Erik urged, combing the dumb hair to the back of his head when Lavi huffed and shifted letting Wonhae back control.

" About Amanda...melt the ice around her. " Wonhae shrugged his torn shirt away after Erik, lazily, conjured a sweater for him from thin air, muttering: Biaksca

" What? " Erik shot his father a look, asking if he was truly sane to say.

They both know if she gets to see Erik once again, after who knows how long she has been inside this lake, she'll do anything to stab him again.

" Melt the ice around her. Let's see what she can do. "

" Maybe try killing me again? "

Wonhae chuckled on seeing Erik rolling his eyes to the back of his head but soon, the father-son duo turned serious.

" I'll talk with her. Melt the ice. "

Sighing into the horizon, Erik turned to the side of the frozen lake not before looking down at his bloody clothes and praying for Mother Moon to give some patience to the abnormal woman.

When Erik was almost ready to crumble the hard spikes over the part, a sharp dagger like icy spike dashed straight at the young Trueblood. It almost scraped the side of his cheek before Wonhae, simply, moved Erik to his side with no force.

" Stay away from my daughter! " Daiki growled with the last piece of strength he had which he mustered to protect his vulnerable daughter.

Looking as if a drought had run over him, Daiki's eyes flashed a wild blue before his hands shot spikes yet again at the Alpha father and son.

" Daiki, we mean no harm. " Wonhae said.

Behind him, Erik gulped and stared at the frozen lake which began to melt on its own accord. But Daiki paid no attention to the Alpha since his chest rumbled and let out a piercing growl as his wolf took control.

" Stay. Away. From. My. Daughter. " growled Daiki's Alpha wolf and his eyes turned a darkest shade of red.

" We mean no harm. " Wonhae repeated, shielding his son behind his back.