CHAPTER 45: JUST US

CHAPTER 45: JUST US

Author's POV

Natasha was being dragged out of who knows where to the familiar rows of the great library again before she escaped his hold to run towards the secret door between the walls.

" But—but they're so cool! If it's really yours, can I use them again? Can I take notes? Erik, please, we can go back and I'll take only a few notes. I have a pen and a note and another pen too, please, please, we should go! " she ended up trying to ease him with her puppy eyes but Erik had had enough of her running away.

"It's nearly 5, Natcha! We've to go home. "

Before the eyes of her two furdolls and Raven, Natasha hunched on the floor and tried to free her hands from Erik's tight grip. " But it looked like heaven—

" Heaven doesn't look like a psycho lab! "

" No, I won't listen to you. Let me go! "

As their argument grew loud, Erik sensed people listening to them from other rows. It wouldn't be too late for Mr Zachary, the Nag librarian, to catch them among the secret walls.

But it didn't seem to bother his screaming mate. All she wanted to do now was to run back to her old research space no matter who could find her crying like a child in the middle of a passage. Of course, Erik had never seen his mate being obsessed with history and biology research matters. Unfortunately, he failed to recall Allara's obsession with them.

Not wanting to be the librarian's treat tonight, Erik pulled her into his arms with a swift move. " If you promise to be quiet for a minute, I'll let you use this psycho lab as many times as possible and I promise to take you there again. "

With the sudden move, Natasha didn't find a chance to open her mouth to talk as Erik also left no choice for her to speak while he collected all her belongings along with the furdolls and a Raven, who was ready to dangle from Natasha's head, and moved in the speed of the wind.

Before a blink, they were in the Ancient History section and after a blink, Natasha was before a confused Ralph and a calm Hyu-Jun outside the superstructure.

" What took you so long? " Hyu-Jun groaned at the clueless Natasha.

Shaken out of the trance, Natasha tried to wiggle out of Erik's strong grip, screeching about how she wanted to go back to the research space. She startled her furdolls badly to the extent that they pounced to the ground in alarm from her shoulder bag.

" Alpha called thrice within an hour. They're expecting you in the packhouse. " Hyu-Jun informed Erik, paying no attention to Natasha's screams.

Listening to Natasha's wails in the background, they bid goodbye to Ralph and rode Hyu-Jun's bike to Latibule Moon Pack. Being squeezed between the two Kims with her mate's presence too close for her liking, Natasha huffed before she angrily sealed her mouth shut.

" Natcha, we can't be inside a secret space for too long. I'll not forget my promise. Why are you mad at me, now? " Erik whined as Natasha's growing silence irked his patience.

He needed as much peace as possible and he needed her as close as possible tonight. Goddess knows what he'd do to people who'd turn their eyes at her tomorrow in the festival.

" Why would I not be angry?! Wait, why would I even be mad at you? Who am I to be mad at you?! Who am I? I'm just your mate. You only check on me when you feel like it or when you want to know if I'm alive or not. Why would I be mad at a man, who does nothing but run away from me? "

' Wrong question, little bro. ' Hyu-Jun snickered into Erik's head, who swished it away with a sad pout. Shaking his head at this young mates, Hyu-Jun blocked his thoughts and focused better on the road.