Chapter 85 - Najyba the flowering tree

"I think this is the perfect spot. What d'you think husband?"

Dumu looks around. The spot his wife chose is spacious and is the farthest. It is connected to another mountain and there's also a small pond where small fishes swim. There's also a gigantic flowering tree beside the pond which blooms white flowers and it smells wonderful and clean. He can even see the fallen petals floating on the pond.

"Any spot is perfect as long as it is with my wife. You like it here Asha?"

She nods, smiling.

"It is quiet and the air smells fresh and relaxing. The air smells sweet too. So... can I start now?"

Dumu furrows his brows as Asha backs away. The whole group followed what she did and is curious what she's going to say and do next.

"Start what wife?"

Asha smirks as she knelt on one knee again and have both her hands touching the ground. They all stepped backward to give her more space, just in case she needs it. Asha closes her eyes as she tries to imagine the house that she wanted to create.

Gravel, stone, clay and sand began to mix and rise from the ground, creating a spacious elevated flooring before adding pillars and walls forming a huge U-shape. Asha was always fond of minka* designed houses and that's what she have in mind creating. She prefers simple but functional type of shelter. She wants everything to be low maintenance and to have things that she will only want and use.

And instead of wood, she used the earth to form one for she doesn't want to chop trees mindlessly. She wants to preserve nature as much as she can for she doesn't want this world to experience what kind of abuse and neglect her world had, causing it to deteriorate slowly. She wants to teach these beast men to plant two to three seeds every time they will chop down a tree.

Well, she will still need lots of wood per se, but she has to finish the foundation of the house first, and plan where to plant and regrow trees repeatedly using her mana. She will need lots of help from others especially Zeev who is talented in wood crafting.

She even added a veranda that surrounds the house, except for the back that she directly connected to the mountainside. She's planning for something hidden that includes the house and the mountainside, but that's for later when everything is completed. She covered the roof with live grass, making the house look like it's part of the mountain.

Asha created a flight of steps in the front center so she can climb the stairs and design the interior. She left huge spaces for the doors and windows. She wants the airflow coming inside and going outside of the house to be regular and smooth. Sliding doors and window shutters will be made of wood, that's what she's planning to use.

The left side she plans to put the kitchen. She's planning to make a secret basement under it to serve as the pantry to keep all those food that are stored in her secret space. She'll ask Dumu later on to surround that pantry with ice to preserve meats, fruits and vegetables. She'll probably do the same to other houses and buildings she's planning to create soon. This way, no food would be wasted and it will last longer.

The center would be the living room where a rectangular sunken hearth can be seen as to provide a place for heat and light, boil water and cook, and even gather family, friends and visitors around the fire. She's thinking of making a wooden rectangular cover for it if the space is not used. She also built a hanging exhaust above it so the smoke from the pit will have a way to get out of the house so they won't suffocate. That's the elevated small roof above the main roof is for.

A library will be adjacent to the kitchen and living room. She was planning to teach these beasts to learn how to read and write. She wants all of them to easily communicate through letters using something identical to homing pigeons. This was the first thing she planned to do, so she can have means to communicate with her friends in Baylor.