Chapter 38 - Leaving the Fox tribe *

Dumu morphs to a half snake beast after carrying his wife in his arm. All the eyes on them are filled with hatred and criticism while they both proceed towards the exit. Some even threw the basket that they bought on the ground and destroyed it in front of them showing their contempt.

"Get out! Do not come back!"

It sounded like an angry chant that is repeated over and over. The fox beasts wanted to attack the couple but Edi dispersed his aura, warning them to not make a move. They don't understand why their witch doctor is biased to the two outsiders. Their tribe chief is still unconscious therefore he is the second in command for the tribe. They must follow him or they would suffer the consequences. Their witch doctor is old but he is still a six-starred beast. No one can defeat him.

"This is your fault female! If not for you, Dumu will not attack our chief! He could have stayed in our tribe with me! I hope you die out there!"

Asha heard Gilda from the crowd of onlookers that made her snicker in disbelief. She softly pats Dumu's shoulder to stop and looked at the fox female's direction.

"I didn't hear you clearly, can you repeat that again?"

"I said, I hope you die-ACK! ACK!"

Gilda coughed repeatedly as she swallowed whatever made her choke suddenly. She was trying to vomit whatever that made her choke but she didn't know that once it got wet from her saliva, it melted instantly and was absorbed by her body.

Only Edi and Dumu saw that Asha flicked something as small as a seed towards Gilda. It was too fast that it can't be seen by the naked eye.

"Females like you don't deserve to breed. Let's go husband. I don't want to stay here anymore."

Gilda thought that she just choked on her own saliva and continued to curse the couple like the other fox beasts as they leave. Little did she know that she won't ever conceive a single cub after that incident. But that's for her to know later on.

It took the couple two whole days and a night before finding a small cave. The deep wounds that Dumu got from the fight didn't stop him to slither away from the tribe with his wife. He wanted to go as far as possible for he never want to even smell or feel the auras of any beasts from the fox tribe.

They were both silent as they do their own thing, Dumu hunting for food while Asha organized their things inside the cave and prepared a small fire pit in front of the cave.

He was able to catch a boar and he already skinned and cleaned it before going back to the cave. Asha swiped out a long bamboo when she saw his prey and told him that they will roast the whole boar. She sprinkled a lot of salt and pepper on the boar before putting a lot of garlic, lemongrass, shallots, and ginger that she swiped out from her space. She asked Dumu's help to insert the bamboo inside the pig after she closed up the boar's body with a cord. She made strong branches that can hold both sides of the bamboo so they can begin cooking.

"Can you rotate this bamboo very slowly while I get more wood for the fire?"

Dumu nods as he watch his wife walk away. He spread his aura so he can feel where his wife is. His wounds began to scab already, it was still a bit stingy but he can bear it. He was used to this.

I better tell my wife where the river is so we can both clean up before we rest for the night. Those foxes are just like those mermen. We need to avoid those arrogant beasts. I hope my wife is alright.

Asha appeared with a lot of twigs and branches within her arms. She dropped all of them beside the pit before sitting beside Dumu. She opened one of her containers and slowly poured water on one of Dumu's wounds that made him flinch from the pain. Asha sighed and cleaned the herbs she also got. Dumu watched her as she put some inside her mouth and chewed. She then got the minced leaves from her mouth and carefully covered his wounds with it.

"This will make the wounds be disinfected and heal faster. Try to avoid getting these wet okay? I'll get some clean soft pelts that we can use as bandage."

Dumu was about to stop her but she got up fast and walked towards the cave. She was almost at the entrance when she coughed so hard that made her fell on her knees. Dumu immediately run to her side when he saw that she was coughing black coloured blood.

"Wife! Argh! This is my fault! You got poisoned because of me."

He held her in his arms and kissed her deeply. He is forcing his tongue inside her mouth but Asha was resisting. She successfully pushed him away as she wipes her mouth with her arm.

"What are you doing?!"

"My saliva is the antidote for my poison. You need to drink it to get better wife."

He pulled her again and forcefully pushed his tongue inside her mouth. She didn't resist anymore and let him delve his tongue deeper inside her mouth. She swirled her tongue with his, saliva already dripping at the side of her mouth.

He pulled back and look at her blushing face. He swiped the saliva dribbling at the side of her mouth with his thumb and pushed it back inside her lips. He kissed her longingly while hugging her body tight.

"I am sorry wife. I am sorry I got reckless. You got poisoned because of me. I am sorry Asha."

She leans her head on his while he was leaning on her shoulder. She can feel his body shaking slightly that made her hug him tighter as she soothe his back with her hand.

"It wasn't your fault husband. I deliberately stayed and got poisoned because I want to. I want my body to get used to your poison so when this ever happen again, my body will be immune to it. This is not the first poison that I got exposed too. It was part of my father's training to toughen my body and resist all kinds of poison."

Dumu's eyes widen in fear and in anger when he heard her.

"What in the beast god did your father let you experience?! Is he crazy?!"