Chapter 42 - Plans

Jedrek woke up with a whooping cough. A lot of black oozing phlegm and blood came out of his mouth with every hack. This made Edi walk towards him and stroke his back.

"Let all those out chief. You will feel a lot better after you vomit all those poison in your body."

He wiped his stained mouth with his arm as he look around with his stoic face.

"So, I lost against that snake. How humiliating...."

He punched the stone bed with his clenched fist, leaving a huge dent. Edi just let out a sigh for he can't do anything. He stared at the medicinal plants and herbs that are hanging inside his house while he sits lazily beside the entrance.

"You know this will happen if you pushed yourself to get the female. Even if you had her agree in accepting you as one of her mates, the relationship between you and Dumu will never work out."

"That is why I have the intention to kill that bastard. I know one of us have to die. My plan of showing off to the female so she can realize I am the better choice failed. I should have ended it quickly...."

"Even if you successfully killed Dumu, I do not think chief Jedrek would be able to persuade that female. She would have killed you instead to revenge the death of her mate. And this is just a hunch that I have, she would not have let you have the chance to kill him anyway."

"What do you mean with that witch doctor?"

"While you were two fighting, I have felt an aura coming from her. And it is an aura you would not want to provoke with. You have met the king of Byakko, yes?"

Jedrek nods but was still trying to grasp what Edi was telling him.

"I met King Wynn when I was younger. It is when I was proclaimed and accepted as chief of this tribe. What are you trying to say?"

"You see chief, I have felt that same aura that the king emits from her. That female has a starred beast aura. And I have this gut feeling that I will lose to her if I even try to use all the ability that I have against her."

"That is impossible. No female can have an aura of a starred beast."

"I know it sounds crazy but it is true. That female is different. If she really is bestowed by the beast god to Dumu, then it is not entirely impossible."

"To that snake beast? Hahahaha you are getting old witch doctor. Why would a bastard of a beast be blessed by the beast god? If someone should be bestowed with a divine gift, that should be me, a chief who rules and watches over a tribe. Not just some useless beast who only knows to wander around."

"It is not a lie chief Jedrek. Dumu received an order from the beast god through his dream. He told me about this before and I am the one who interpreted it for him."

"Why would I hear this only now? If what you say is true, you should have told me this first rather than that snake beast."

"But he was the one who dreamt about it. So the message from the beast god was for him. And I did not expect that the female bestowed to him is a special one. Rather, I did Not believe that the dream would come true from the start."

"The more I hear about this being a divine order from the beast god, the more I need to covet that female. We need her in our tribe. If she is bestowed by the beast god, our tribe might prosper from it. Think about it witch doctor. The beauty, talent and knowledge the female have is very different from other females. If she really has an aura of a starred beast despite of being a female... It all makes sense now...."

The two went silent as they both consider what they had realized.

"Chief Jedrek, should we send some fox beasts to look for them?"

"That will make the female more resistant if they knew that we are looking for them. Send the tracker out. It would be safer just to track and keep an eye on them for now. I need to be updated. And if that female has an aura like the king of Byakko, stay far away as much as possible not to be detected. I will have that female as my mate by any means...."

"I will follow what the chief instructed."

"Make sure this information stays between us."

~~~~~

"Seven stars! Wife! Your aura reached the peak of a seven-starred beast man!"

Dumu was both happy and sad when they found out that Asha has strength comparable to a seven-starred beast. What he didn't know, is that Asha can still go on and emit a stronger aura. She have to suppress for now for she doesn't want to embarrass or belittle her husband who is now sulking.

"It's still not enough. Husband, we need to get stronger so no one can ever bully us. D'you agree?"

Dumu looked at her with determination as he nods. Yes! I need to work harder so I can be of help to my wife. And I will be the one who will protect her and keep her safe. It is really dangerous for a female to wander like me. I promise you wife, I will work harder to get stronger.

Asha smiled at her husband. She then swiped out all the weights set that her father let her keep when he was rearranging his space before they went rock climbing that unfortunate day. Dumu looked at them curiously.

"What are those wife?"

"I have thought of a plan to help us train and get stronger while we travel to our next destination. Good thing they are not restricted in this world and we get to use them. D'you wanna hear my idea? This might give very good benefits especially to you husband. So will you hear me out?"

"Dumu always listens to his beautiful wife."