Chapter 21 - Accidentally Married *

"How can I get inside?"

"Give me your hand Dumu."

He obediently showed his hand to her. She swiped her dagger out of her space and looked at him seriously.

"This may sting a bit but this is needed. It will heal by itself after it's done."

She swiftly made a cut enough for his palm to bleed. Dumu didn't even flinch and just stared at the blood beginning to pool in his hand. She then enclosed the dagger with her hand and sliced it that made Dumu startled. She just smiled at him and held his bleeding hand with hers.

"Can you share a part of your mana from your hand? Just concentrate and imagine holding that energy there."

He nods and focused. A blue light surrounds their hands and after a while, a green one blends with it too. It was such a beautiful sight that Dumu was mesmerized just by staring at it.

"This is a blood and mana compact. Mine will mix with yours and yours will mix with mine. It's like having a part of me with you. The barrier will recognize you and let you pass from now on."

The blue and green light where blending like dancing lights around their hands then slowly was absorbed by their skin. Asha let go of his hand and she let him watch as both of the cuts in their hands slowly closes as if the cut wasn't there at all.

"Now, try passing through the barrier."

Dumu looks at her and then the barrier. He slowly touched it and his eyes widen in surprise when it pass through. Asha chuckled and held his other arm as she pulls him with her when she went through all the way the barrier. Dumu was still speechless as he looks at his changed surroundings, seeing the lake again near the cave.

"Welcome back Dumu!"

Asha is smiling at him while he stares at her. She became a little bit confused when Dumu didn't even move and just stood there like a statue, staring at her without even blinking.

"Dumu what's wrong? You're scaring me a bit...."

He hugged her so tight as he lay his head on top of hers. She can feel Dumu's trembling body and was thinking what is wrong. Did the blood and mana compact have side effects that she doesn't know? Did their mana repelled each other and he is now suffering a backlash out of it? But she didn't feel anything wrong when her body absorbed his.

"Asha... I am so happy... you accepted me now as your mate... I promise you that I will be loyal to you and I will always follow you and never leave you. I will devote myself to you and only you. This is my vow to you. Let the beast god be my witness."

What the....

"Hold on for a second. Dumu, what are you talking about? Is it because of what we did in the lake earlier? Is that considered mating?"

Dumu looks at her face and shook his head. The smile on his face never left.

"No. Anyone can do what we did in the lake. But the blood compact that we did outside, it is also called the mating ritual."

"Mating ritual? But we didn't have sex."

"Sex?"

"You know... mating...."

Dumu shook his head again.

"Combining the blood of the female and male is the start of the mating ritual. It is like a promise of the female to the male that he will be her future mate. I accepted it by saying my vows to you and we can complete the ritual with mating."

He blushed after saying the last. Asha was surprised but she didn't want to show it to Dumu. She doesn't want to turn him down. She likes him and has already did Things with him so they'll eventually have sex soon. But that also means that she is now married to him. She got accidentally married in the beast world. How would her father react when he knows about this.

"So... we still need to mate to complete the ritual?"

Dumu smiled as he nods enthusiastically.

"So... I'm married and now I'm a wife and you're my husband?"

"What is married? What is wife and husband?"

"Being married is two mates being united to be together forever no matter what happens. It's like creating your own family. The female is called the wife and the male is the husband."

Dumu smiled from ear to ear as Asha explained to him. His blush reached the back of his ears down his neck while he plays with her fingers with the hand he is holding.

"I am your husband and you are my wife?"

"Mm-hmm."

Asha also blushed a bright red as she lets the situation she is in sink in. She's the one who initiated the blood compact, she did it to herself and to Dumu. This is the tradition in this world. She likes him anyway so there's nothing wrong with it. She felt Dumu caressing her face with his hand gently. She looked at his loving gaze at her that made her heart beat faster.

"Asha... my wife... my family... I am the happiest beast man in the beast world right now... I am not alone anymore...."

Tears started flowing from his eyes that made Asha's heart melt. This is the first time she have seen a man cry in front of her. He was crying not because he was sad, but because he was very happy and she's the one who made him happy. She also got tearful and smiled at him. It was as if both their lips were attracted to each other and automatically linked together. They shared a very long and passionate kiss like they were sealing the deal and making it valid.

"Dumu... my husband...."

He smiled and hugged her tight after hearing her say those words. Nothing can even make him feel down for this is the happiest he have ever been his whole life. He can now understand why males wanted to find a mate. He has a wife now. He feels complete.