Chapter 44 - The Unconscious Stranger *

"I haven't tasted such sweet strawberries before! Let's get more of this husband."

Asha was busy picking strawberries as she takes another bite. It was very ripe that the juice oozed when she bit it that dripped some from her lips down to her chin and neck.

She suddenly felt Dumu's tongue lick it from her neck up to her lips. She smiled as she face him to meet his lips and let him taste the sweetness of the berry inside her mouth. The kiss began heating up as both opened their mouths to make the kiss deeper, both their tongues fighting for dominance. Dumu slowly parted from her and smiled at their blushing faces as they both looked at each other lovingly.

"The fruit is ripe. We will get more if my wife likes it."

He then continues to do what his wife was doing earlier, filling up the basket with strawberries in front of her.

"How long before we reach Baylor husband?"

"Five to ten days... longer if we decide to get more alone time in a very remote area that no one knows about...."

Asha threw a small unripe berry at Dumu as she chuckled. He caught it with his mouth and made a sour face as he spits it out.

"You keep on delaying us with your silly tricks husband. We could have reached it already if we didn't stayed longer for those secret escapades you planned. We've been travelling for more than thirty days already."

Asha was suddenly caught in his arms and they both fell on the grassy ground with her on top of him. She was laughing as she blushingly looks at her husband's flirty smile.

"If I did not delay us then I would not have heard my wife screaming my name while she squirts all that love juice when I am deeply buried inside of her. I love hearing you scream my name when you come wife. Feel that? You made me hard again...."

He grinds his hips upward so she can feel his boner. She blushes as she giggles.

"What should I do to my mischievous husband?"

Dumu naughtily smiled. He rolled them on the ground so he can get on top of her. He then whispered something only the two of them can hear that made her face turn to a deep shade of red. He even playfully bit her earlobe before licking it as he move back to look at his wife's reaction.

"Give me some more time husband. I have to be mentally and physically prepared for that. So for now, pick more of those ripe berries before night time comes."

Asha pushed the half-filled basket to him that made him sigh. He obediently took it and quickly gives her a peck on the cheek before filling up the basket with fruits.

She swiped an empty basket from her space before walking farther away from him to check for herbs. She quietly dispersed her aura to scan the plants and trees around her to identify everything all at once when she found a beast man lying on the ground behind some bushes not far from her.

She puts the basket on the ground carefully before walking towards the bushes. She slowly commanded the bushes to part and give her way.

A handsome male with dark gray hair was lying unconscious on the ground. His body is covered with fresh deep scars and wounds.

"Husband! There's someone here!" She whisper yell at Dumu before checking the wrist of the male on the ground for a pulse. Dumu immediately walked towards her when he saw Asha lay her head on the beast's hairy chest. It made him pissed and pulled her quickly towards him.

"What are you doing wife?"

"I'm just checking if he's still alive. His pulse is weak."

"His breath is from the wolf tribe. Those wolves always get into fights. He most likely lost that is why he is close to death. He is still lucky to be breathing for if I were his enemy, I will make sure he is dead before I leave. His enemy is powerful but stupid."

"I'll check if I can still heal him."

"Why? We do not know him. Let us just leave him be. He will die anyway."

"He will surely die if we leave him be."

"Why will you heal him? Do you like hairy beasts like him?"

Dumu was starting to get angry. Why would his wife do such things to a stranger? He was ready to end the wolf beast man when he was stopped again by his wife.

"Calm down Dumu. Why are you being like this?"

"Do you like that wolf? Since he is already at death's door, I will help him open that door so he can go straight to the underworld."

Asha sighs as she hug Dumu.

"I never said that I like him husband. I'm just giving him the benefit of a doubt and want to check if I can heal only the most serious injury that will give him an opportunity to live. I'm not gonna waste all my mana to a complete stranger. I'm just giving him another chance for I can feel that his will to live is strong. If he dies after I gave him a sliver of hope then that's his fate. We'll leave him be after that. So is that okay with you husband?"

She looks at her husband with cutesy eyes and smile making his anger dissipate and give in. He sighs defeatedly and kisses her lips.

"Do not waste too much mana. We leave immediately after you heal him. Then we find a river so you can wash off his filthy scent on you."

"My husband is the best! This won't take long...."

She went back to the wolf beast and quickly disperse her aura to scan his body. She then concentrated on the stab wound that is so deep that it almost penetrated his heart. Green thread like aura begins to sew up his wound internally and externally. Dumu was watching her intensely. He was amazed and annoyed at the same time.

"I've already healed your most critical injury. Hey mister, it's up to you now if you will live or die. I gave you a chance, don't waste it."

Asha stood up and Dumu quickly held her hand to leave the lying wolf beast. He also grabbed their baskets as he pulls her away.

"Do not be too kind to strangers next time wife. We need to be careful and be cautious. We do not know if that wolf deserves your help Asha."

"I understand husband. Sometimes, we need to have some faith. Everybody deserves a second chance."

Dumu lifts his wife in a hug as he continues to walk away.

My wife is too kind. I hate it.