Chapter 5 - Talking trees

The three beast men have been walking all night when they arrived at the waterfalls.

The two tiger beast men had been sniffing around the area while the bear beast man looks at his surroundings.

"The female is here! Her scent is too strong!"

"It is still night. The female should be hiding somewhere and sleeping. Perfect time to snatch her away hehehe."

One of the tiger sniffs the big rocks at the riverbank and smiles, "she bathe right here hehehe what a sweet smelling female. She should be alone."

"I do not smell any male scent around this place. Wait...."

The other tiger sniffs the air and got a little worried.

"There was a burning smell. Fire! We should get away from this place."

The three looked at each other and was afraid.

"But the female...."

"Let us go back to Theo first and tell them about this place so we can have others look too. It is dangerous if we find fire. We might get killed."

"We have to run fast so we can get back here when the sun is up again. It is safer that way."

They all nodded and the two tigers peed on some of the trees to leave their scent before running away.

~~~

It was already bright outside when Asha opened her eyes. She felt fully refreshed and her mana was restored faster as expected.

The nature's abundance in this world is spoiling me to much.

She stood up and stretched her limbs. She wanted to remove all her stuff from her secret space but was afraid that they'll get destroyed as soon as she takes them out.

"I really want to check what things are restricted in this world. But I don't have enough space in this cave. So far, my mobile phone and flashlight are the only stuff that got fried. Hmmm walkie talkies...."

They got fried as soon as she got them out. She removed a portable FM radio from her space and it got destroyed too.

"It seems electronic gadgets can't be used here. Good thing my dagger is still okay. I better get a cloak and my bow and arrows just to be safe before getting out of here."

She wears the cloak and have her bow and quiver on her back. She puts on her leather forearm bands to hide a dagger each. She feels more safe and secured if she have those close to her when she is in a foreign place.

Got to be ready for anything just in case.

She swiped all of her broken gadgets back to her space before stepping out of the cave. She slowly walked back to the riverbank to make sure she didn't leave anything behind.

She walks around the area to look for a way to get on top of the falls. She doesn't want to risk climbing it for it looks slippery and she might fall. She doesn't want to waste mana neither.

She's way beyond on her earth manipulation. Not only can she control plants and trees, she can now manipulate earth as how she wanted it to form. But it requires a lot of mana. More practice is needed so she won't waste any mana when she does this.

She feels the trees with her hands as she treks the forest. She is still amazed by their sizes. It was funny to see them shaking as if giggling from being tickled. The flowers sway as she passes them by like it was saying hello to her.

"Beautiful female. Why are you walking alone in this forest?"

She was startled to a stop and looked around to see who just spoke.

"Hahahaha. I am too old to remember when was the last time since I saw someone who can hear the voice of us trees. Beautiful female, look over here."

Asha turns around and saw a gigantic tree that is leaning on the bottom side of a very high cliff. She was in awe as she walks towards it. She slowly touches the tree when she stopped in front of it.

"Hahahaha...that tickles beautiful female."

"Trees can talk in this world? Wow!"

"We can talk but beast men cannot hear us. It seems you are not from this place. What is your name beautiful female? And what race are you?"

"I'm Ashanti Bridges but you can call me Asha. I'm human."

"Asha... a name befitting your beauty. Are humans from the bird race? Because your breath is like from that race but it is not. It seems familiar to me but it is not."

"The snake beast man that I met also told me that I have a breath similar with the bird race but I'm not a bird. Are there no humans in this world?"

"Asha, beautiful female. Are you really not from this world?"

"No. I don't know how I got here in the first place."

A branch from the tree slowly reaches out to her. The leaves slowly caresses her face.

"Come my beautiful Asha and sit. Let this old tree listen to your story."

She was a bit hesitant but she sits carefully on the branch. She was then lifted up and made her sit comfortably on one of the largest branch that the tree have. She was then offered an apple that she took.

"Thank you."

"You said you were not from this world dear Asha? Where are you from?"

Asha was silent for a while. How can she explain it to a talking tree? She hasn't been here for long in this world and haven't been around so how can she compare it to. She remembered how the snake doesn't even understand the words that she was saying yesterday.

"Hmmmm. Maybe it's best if I should tell you first what this world has since I can feel that you cannot explain it in words that I can understand."

"I'm sorry."

"Do not be, beautiful female. You might feel a little scared for you are alone in this unknown place. But let me ask first dear Asha. Is this your first time talking to a tree?"

She nods that made the tree laugh.

"I see. There are no talking trees in your world then. But let me tell you beautiful female that this is my first time talking with a beast... I mean human. Beast men does not have an ability to talk to trees. So let me introduce myself first. My name is Old Harac."