Chapter 69 - Jedrek and the Cloaked Stranger *

Jedrek left the fox village. He didn't even bother to wait for the sun to rise and left the tribe in the hands of witch doctor Edi. He is determined to head to the North as his spy tells him where Asha is heading. With Dumu and the wolf pack around her, it would be more difficult for him to get near her. He needs to plan and find a way to snatch the female away and be her mate whether she likes it or not. She will bear his cubs. They will be the most powerful beast cubs ever to be born in the future of the beast world. He will find a way, no one can stop him from this new ambition that he have.

Jedrek was busy daydreaming as he trekked the forest when he saw the same cloaked stranger that visited the fox village in the evening. He was gathering some herbs when he noticed Jedrek looking his way.

"It is a surprise to meet the fox chief again but now, it is outside the village. What brings you here alone at dawn fox tribe chief?"

The cloaked beast man stood up as he held his beast pelt bag on his back.

"I am off to see the female that I like."

"Oh? Where are you headed? Maybe I can accompany you on your journey."

"I am heading north of Baylor. You?"

"I was thinking if I should head north from your village. Maybe go to the Forsaken Mountain but I cannot resist gathering plants along the way. As you might have caught me gathering some just now."

"I see. I can head north a bit then we can part ways when you go west while I go east. There are many herbs on this path that may interest you. Our witch doctor always gathers around this area."

"It is an honor to be walking along this path with you tribe chief."

They walk in silence as they continue trekking the vast forest. The sun is rising. The orange glow makes the whole surrounding ethereal. The morning dew from the plants around reflects the light passing through the crowded leaves from the tall trees. They shine like twinkling stars in the daytime.

"It seems that you really like this female you want to meet tribe chief. It is a long journey from your village if you are headed north of Baylor. My apologies if you find my observation intruding."

Jedrek laughs, "it is alright. I like this female very much. I was rejected though in my first try while she was staying with my tribe."

"Oh? Is that why the female left?"

"No. It is because of her bastard mate. If he did not keep the female all to himself, I might have a chance and she could have stayed in my village. I am planning to face that snake beast again but it would be difficult for I have heard that he is now a seven-starred beast."

"Do you need any help tribe chief? I have some herbs in here that can even take down a savage beast stunned that may give you an opportunity to kill if that is what you intend to do. I even have some herbs you can use to make a female in heat if you want to bear cubs smoothly."

Jedrek caught his attention, "are you a witch doctor by chance?"

The stranger shakes his head, "no. I have been a wandering beast for long and have been to many places. I have learned a lot of things during my travel and this is one of the herb mixtures I have learned from an old witch doctor. This is a secret though for this is one of the forbidden poison. I believe the tribe chief would keep this secret, yes?"

The cloaked stranger whispered the last, not wanting others to hear what he just said if there was any. Jedrek got curious and answered back in a soft tone to make this conversation not audible for others to overhear.

"What you say is true?"

"Yes tribe chief. I have tested this poison in one of the villages I have been. I gave it to a female who wanted to mate with one certain powerful male. She mixed the two poisons though, making it more dangerous. She got a six-starred beast stunned as she mates with him."