Chapter 22 - Husband and Wife

The two newlyweds are feasting with Dumu's preys. He almost forgot that he dropped those outside the barrier while he was trying to destroy it earlier. Good thing no beasts snatched them so he just got them back while Asha prepared a fire pit to cook some of it.

Asha showed him all the things that she made out of bamboos while they were eating. Dumu's curiosity was so high for this was his first time seeing such things. He was holding and looking at them one by one as Asha explained what it is and how it is used.

"That is a basket. It's like the bag you made from beast skins but that is bigger and can hold more things. You can wear them behind your back as you walk or travel so it's easy to use. I think I have to stop swiping out things from my secret space so I wouldn't catch any unwanted attention if we meet other beast men...."

She mumbled the last as she gets other things to show Dumu.

"These are containers, we can use it to store cooked food and water so we won't get hungry or thirsty while we are travelling. These are spoons and forks used for holding food while eating so our hands won't get burned or hurt when we eat hot food...."

"You made a lot wife. I think we cannot use all of these...."

Asha's ears blushed when she heard Dumu call her wife. She's still not used to it but it made her feel happy that she belonged to someone who cares for her deeply.

Is this how it feels to have a lover? We didn't even get to be boyfriend and girlfriend first and just skipped to being husband and wife. It doesn't matter anyway. As long as we like each other, time isn't important. I get to learn to love him as well as long as we are together....

"Asha? What is wrong my wife? Are you feeling sick?"

She felt Dumu's hand on her forehead and looks worried. She blushes more and her heart beats faster. She cleared her throat while removing his hand on her forehead gently. She rubs it with her other hand and smiles.

"I'm alright. I'm still not used to hearing you call me wife and it made me shy."

She was pulled into a tight hug and Dumu keeps kissing her face everywhere. She hugged him back as she smiles.

"My wife is so cute. I want to be close to you like this and never let go. I like my wife so much...."

"I like my handsome husband as well. I didn't know that my Dumu is this affectionate."

"I only do this to my wife. I do not care about others. I will protect my wife if others want to harm you. I kill them."

"Is killing others normal in the beast world? Are there any rules that you all follow in here?"

Dumu held Asha as he twirls a part of her long wavy hair in between his fingers.

"Only the strong lives and the weak dies. That is the only rule that I know. Fighting is normal in the beast world. You will see a lot of beast men fight because of food, female and power. They kill to prove that we are stronger than others. My wife do not need to worry. I am a five star beast and there are only a few with many stars like me or higher which is more rare. I will protect you. I will even die for you if needed."

She hit his hard muscular chest with her hand that surprised Dumu. He saw her pouting and angry but it only made him dote on her more for it made her more beautiful in his eyes.

"We are husband and wife, you don't have to do everything on your own. We do everything together from now on okay? Being a female is not a reason to just hide behind my husband's back. I want a family where we hold each other's hand and do everything together side by side. I also want to protect my husband. If they want to harm my husband, I will kill them."

Dumu was struggling to hide his soaring emotions. He looks at his beautiful wife lovingly and smiled his sweetest smile that he promised to himself that he will only show to his wonderful wife.

"Yes. All my wife say is absolute. I will only listen and follow my wife."

Asha heaved a deep sigh and leaned her head on his chest. She can hear his heart beating fast that made her smile.

"I am not perfect. So not everything I say or decide to do is right. I can also make mistakes. I don't need a husband who will let his wife do wrong. That is not the right thing to do. Of course I want a husband who will always agree with me, who wouldn't want that. But if you think I'm gonna do a big mistake, tell me. I might be angry to you if you did, but that's part of keeping a healthy relationship. I won't be angry for long for I know you only did that because you care for me. And I will do the same for you because you are my husband.

Promise me you will be open to me Dumu. If you think that what I say or what I'm going to do is wrong, tell me and don't just let me do things on my own. Like what I said, we do things together now. If we both don't agree on something, we don't do it. If we keep things from each other, that is not good. If we love one another, we should try to not hide things from each other. I have seen others drift apart for not communicating well with each other for it creates misunderstandings."

"What is love?"

"Love is the intense feeling of liking one another. You will feel that you can't live without the other and you want to do everything for your mate. It's hard to maintain that love though for you both need to be honest, open and understanding."

"I promise to be always open and be honest to you my beautiful wife."

"Me too."

And that night was the longest night for the newlyweds as they begin to complete the mating ritual. They are now officially married in the beast world.