Chapter 53 - Visiting the King

Dumu and Asha entered the huge stone house that is located at the highest point of Baylor. It was surrounded with flowering trees that made the surrounding smell good and relaxing.

Magnum guide them to a flowery garden with a long stone table and natural stone stools covered with beast pelts. The table was full of different kinds of fruits and leafy vegetables served in wooden plates.

Giada is sitting on Souta's lap at the very far end of the table and was happily chatting. Magnum bows in greeting.

"Your Grace, your guests, the travelling merchants, have arrived."

"Dumu greets Your Grace."

"Asha greets Your Grace."

Dumu and Asha both bowed after they were introduced.

"Ah! I have been waiting for you two. Come and take a seat."

Magnum stood behind Souta and Giada as Dumu laid a basket full of apples in front of them and bows.

"These are gifts from me and my wife to you Your Grace. My wife told me that she feels that your cub likes ripe and sweet apples. We gathered and picked the best ones before going here."

Giada's eyes went wide as saucers as she happily looks at the basket while Dumu and Asha sits together on a long stool chair that fits the two of them.

"How did you know? I was hoping I can buy some apples from you earlier because my brother brought me some. He said he bought it from you the other day and those are the best apples I have eaten my whole life! I am so happy female! Me and my cub are very happy! Thank you!"

"Me and my husband are happy to hear that Your Grace is satisfied with our gift."

"My wife has pretty good instincts and perception with these kind of things. She is quite keen and observant of her surroundings that I am not normally aware of."

"Oho! You made my female so happy right now. Thank you for being considerate for my pregnant female."

"You are a beautiful, smart and talented female! Can you be my friend? I really really like you!"

The king and Magnum are smiling as they look at Giada's smiling face. Her eyes were sparkling as she watch Asha like an obsessed fan girl. Dumu was trying to block his wife from her view that made the king laugh at this silly scene.

"Please forgive my female snake beast for she has no friends. Everyone was a bit cautious to befriend her for she is my female. Have you two eaten? I only have fruits and some vegetables, my apologies again for we do not have meat prepared."

"It is fine Your Grace. Me and my wife have hunted while we gather fruits and vegetables. So I am quite full already. I am here to accompany my wife for she has told me that Your Grace humbly invited us."

"My husband is not picky at all. He can eat fruits. We are both omnivores Your Grace."

"True?" The three herbivores were curious for everybody knows that snakes are all carnivores.

"I eat anything my wife gives me even if they are fruits. She said that it is good for the body and makes everything sweeter and she likes sweet things like milk."

Asha coughed as she chokes on her own saliva.

"Are you fine female? Here drink some water."

Giada gave her a wooden bowl filled with water. Asha took a fake sip just to look convincing and respectful in front of the female. She looks at her husband that's looking at her with a very innocent smile.