Chapter 76 - Huye, The King's Successor *

"If no one has any to report, you can all leave now. I know you birds will start migration for the news of dead season being early has now been spread as our witch doctors' advise to tell everyone in advance. I hope many of us will survive this season we all hate. May the beast god Nabu bless and guide us to safety. I hope to see the same faces on our next meeting on the first day wet season come."

"Thank you your Grace. All hail the future king of Byakko."

The birds started to leave. Shay already has plans and wouldn't be joining his flock to search the northwest for a place to stay during dead season. He needs to make a good alibi so he can set off alone during migration. He's heading the opposite direction anyway. They wouldn't know where he'll be.

His curiosity of the bird female is the reason why he wants to continue observing her and her group. This is a personal matter. He doesn't need to report this to his king.

"Vega, can you stay for I still have something to discuss with you."

Vega was about to join Shay when he heard Huye calling him to stay. He pats Shay's shoulder and upnods as to tell him not to wait for him. Shay nods before leaving the room.

"Is there anything I can be of service to you your Grace?"

"I want a detailed report about the kingdom of Adira. You say they are guarding coastlines near our border. Explain in more details."

Vega nods as he remain standing in front of Huye who have his manspread legs stretched while leaning relaxed on the back of his chair.

"From what I have gathered, they have built their own coral castle right in the middle of the sea of Varuna. It is believed that this is the only part of the sea with the warmest tide and will not harden even if dead season comes.

They have set patrols along the coastline south of Byakko's border, east of Rimalakyans Desert and even at the north of Forsaken Grassland and Forest. From what I have seen, they are trying to take over rivers connecting borders of different villages that take these as main water sources. If these mermen succeeds with this, I believe that it will be a big problem in the future for all of us beast men."

"If they cut out our water source, it would cause thirst to beasts and drought on the land. Hahahaha you bastard Merrik. You have always been a thorn to my side. Did they reject my offer of alliance again by having his sister Ebba become my official mate?"

"Uhmmm he said that his sister dislikes hairy beasts your Grace that is why they rejected your offer."

"Hahahaha as if I like smelly fishes. Father is the one who wants this alliance in the first place. He should have married one of those smelly bitches and not push that responsibility to me. All they have is their beauty but they are all rotten to the core. I would just eat them all up, their meat always taste satisfactorily delicious."

Huye sighs and taps his finger on the arm rest while thinking.

"Is there anything else I can do for you your Grace?"

Huye waves his hand as if driving away Vega.

"There is none. You may leave."

"Thank you your Grace."

As Huye was left alone inside the room, two cloaked beasts appeared behind him after snapping his fingers.

"Command us as you will your Grace."

"I need someone to gather more information about the kingdom of Adira. I want to know what Merrik is planning."

"I will do as you command your Grace."