Chapter 45 - You are my stupid

"Where are we husband? Did we just leave the forest?"

"Yes. We are now entering the Abundant Plains. This is the land where we can find many villages. Not like the Forsaken Forest, you can find many food source for both herbivores and carnivores."

"So, the forest we've been at was the Forsaken Forest. Is it more dangerous in the forest than in the plains?"

Dumu nods, "yes wife. Many wandering beasts like me avoids the Forsaken Forest because it is near the Forsaken Grassland. It is the home of the savage giants and even I cannot kill them when I was a five-starred beast. The angry mountain there is also unpredictable that is why that place is dangerous. That is where I found you, my wife."

Asha vaguely remembers seeing a volcano when she first got sent in the beast world. But if what Dumu was saying is true, the volcano at the Sierra mountains might be connected to the volcano at the Forsaken Grassland in some way. She took a mental note of it and she might need to go back to that place to investigate in the future.

Dumu is watching his wife as they walk the flower field. Everytime her face becomes blank and her eyes have that faraway look, he knows that she is in deep thought. Sometimes he wonder if she wants to go back to her world and if she ever thinks of a way on how to do it. Seeing his wife like this after he mentioned the past made him think.

Does she want to go back in her world because of her father or someone else? I know I was not her first when we mate for the first time. She was experienced. What if she has a mate in her world? If she does, will she leave me? Will she abandon me?

This thought made him nervous and worried. His grip on her hand tightened that made Asha snapped out of her thoughts and look at his worried face.

"Husband? What's wrong?"

Asha caressed his hand that is gripping her hand tightly with her other one as she waits for an answer. Dumu wanted to ask her but was afraid to know what her reply would be.

"Do you miss your father?"

"That's a silly question husband. Of course I do. He's my father after all."

"Aside from your father, is there anyone you also miss? Do you have a mate in your world?"

Asha stopped walking when she felt Dumu's hand pull her to a stop.

"I... I don't know if I can consider him as a mate in beast world terms. I was secretly seeing a man."

Dumu's grasp on her hand tighten a bit.

"Did you mate?"

"We did. But that was the past. You are my present and my future as well. You are my husband, he isn't. You didn't need to worry about it. Does my past bother you husband?"

"What if you found a way to go back to your world? Are you going to abandon me? Please say no. Take me with you instead. I will follow you. Just... do not abandon me please... I do not want to be alone anymore...."

"Dumu! What the hell are you thinking?! I will never abandon you! Never did it cross my mind to leave you. Whatever happens in the future, whether I can find a way to go back to my world or not, I will never leave you. You are stuck with me! D'you understand me husband?"

Dumu pulled her into his arms and hugged her. She hugged him back as she softly whispers that she loves him over and over so it would be imprinted in his mind and heart.

"I love you so much Asha. Just thinking of you leaving and abandoning me makes it so hard to breathe. I do not care if you have a mate back in your world. As long as I can be with you, I will do anything. Stay with me Asha...."

Asha sighs and look at his sad face.

"Believe in us Dumu. Don't ever think that my love for you is shallow that I can just let you go whenever. I believe your love for me is pure and I never doubted you. D'you think it didn't hurt me when I realized that you doubted my love for you?"

"Sorry wife... I am sorry. I will never think like that again."

"And you always say that you believe in whatever I say pfft... "

Asha pouts at him and pretends that she was angry when she crossed her arms before turning her back on him. She was hugged from the back tightly that she almost lost her composure and let out a slight giggle.

"What can I do wife so you would not be angry at me anymore? I will do anything for you wife. Please tell me... I am sorry...."

Asha turns to look at her pleading husband's face. She smiled at him while stroking his handsome face. He leans at her touch as he waits for her reply.

"Just promise me that you will never doubt me again. I love you husband, I really do. If I did something to make you feel unsure or insecure then I'm sorry."

He shakes his head.

"You did not do anything wife. It was just me. I was overthinking and it made me think that you may leave me anytime. I am sorry wife. I promise to never doubt you ever. My heart is yours. You can rip it out of my body and you will see that it only beats for you."

"And mine is also yours. Kiss me husband."

Their lips met and locked. All the doubts and fears Dumu felt flew out of the window and was replaced with longing, desire and deep hunger. Kissing his wife is not enough for him. He wanted more. He can't stop this overflowing emotions that he wanted to make his wife feel. It made his movements clumsy that made them fall on the grassy ground. Asha laughed.

"Slow down husband. I'm not going anywhere."

"Sorry. I was clumsy and stupid."

"I like everything about you Dumu. Even if you are sometimes stupid, what matters is, You are My stupid and no one else's. Now kiss me again. I haven't had enough of you husband."