Chapter 11 - Do What You Want *

I changed my mind. They will definitely run away when they see him.

Asha watched as Dumu turned into a humongous black snake. Its scales glitters like obsidian and he towers as tall as a two-story house. She can't even see how long his whole body is for it is already dark outside.

She wasn't afraid for her father is fond of snakes and have three as pets at home. Her father collects exotic animals and have them as pets so what people find frightening is normal to her.

Dumu opened his mouth and swallowed the whole dead deer slowly. She can even see how the deer gets deeper inside his body for it took a while before he stopped swallowing.

He forgot that the female is still in front of him so when he remembers that the female was still there, he stopped moving.

Ugh! I forgot the female is in front of me. I hope I did not scare her.

He slowly looked at the female and was surprised that her reaction is not quite as he expected. She was watching him eat like how she normally looks at any other thing, with a straight face.

"Do you usually eat in your snake form?"

Dumu nods at her and continues looking at her while she puts more logs on the bonfire.

"I guess it saves time from cooking."

Dumu began to relax and found a good spot at the entrance, avoiding the bonfire. He doesn't like the heat from it and he doesn't want to disturb the female's privacy.

He coils his long body and lies down comfortably. He stares at the beautiful female who is silently watching the fire that she made.

Dumu looks at her as he memorize every curve of her attractive face, the long lashes on her eyes, her finely chiselled nose, and small enticing red lips. And most of all, her dazzling green eyes.

He cannot forget those captivating eyes that looked at him. Even though her face was not quite that attractive when he first saw her, it's always been her eyes that made him curious and wonder about her. He felt like he's been sucked in and cannot escape.

Asha stood up slowly as she dusted off her pants before going to her sleeping mat. She sat cross-legged on it and relaxed her breathing as she loosened up her arms.

Dumu curiously watched her as she concentrated.

Is this how she sleeps? That is a weird looking way to rest.

Asha felt Dumu's eyes watching her so she softly sighed and looked at him.

"You are a five-starred beast, right? I remember you saying that when we first met."

He nods.

"You control water?"

He nods again.

"Having five stars means that you are stronger from the males that I fought earlier, right?"

He nods proudly.

"Your body is strong but your water manipulation is very weak. You summoned water from that river and with that short distance, yet you looked like you have used up all your energy after doing that.

Having a power to control an element needs practice so you need to use it more often. Your body will begin to be familiar with it and accept it as a normal thing making you use less energy to do more.

Your mana is too little that's why you get tired so easily. The bigger your mana, the bigger your energy, the more you can control water.

If you want to have more mana, you will need to concentrate and let your body absorb the element you are in harmony with.

If you do this, you won't feel sleepy even if you don't rest. You won't feel hungry even if you don't eat. Not that I'm telling you not to sleep or eat, your body still needs that so you should still do it. But in case you get into a deadly situation, you will have another way to keep yourself alive."

They both went silent. Dumu was dumbfounded as he recollect everything the female just told him. It was a problem that he cannot solve since he transformed to a five-starred beast. Not everyone who evolves to five stars can awaken the element innate to them. He was lucky enough to activate his but the problem is, he doesn't know how to use it effectively.

Any beast man can evolve to have many stars just by fighting. By learning how to fight efficiently and win is the way to get more powerful. But with the elements, he knows no one who can teach him. That's why everything that the female said to him is new to him and it answered some questions that confused him.

While he was still pondering about this new knowledge, Asha closed her eyes and began meditating. All the trees and plants began to react as she slowly gathers energy from nature. A gentle breeze enters the cave and slowly encircle her making her hair slowly fluttering in the wind.

Dumu felt that relaxing breeze again. He was surprised to see that it was coming from the female. He tries to look at her closely and he can see a green light circling around her, like it was dancing and flowing in a certain pattern.

Is that...is she absorbing energy? Is she showing me how to do it?

That night, Dumu didn't sleep even a wink but watched Asha in amazement.

~~~

She dusted off her cloak before she wears it. She already got her things back in the space and made sure that the fire was already out.

It's almost noon and the sun is blazing hot. She continued her trek alongside the riverbank while using a very big leaf as a shade that she took earlier from a weird looking plant with big leaves.

Dumu was quietly following her from behind. He didn't hide anymore. He didn't care if the female tells him off because he will still tag along. All he knows is that he will go after her no matter what happens.

And Asha knows that he is following. She got tired of driving him away because he never listens.

"You can do what you want Dumu. However, If you ever become a delay or hindrance to what I am doing, I will kill you. Do you understand?"

"Yes!"

A huge smile appears for a second on his face then he got serious and cold again as he slithers excitedly towards the female.