Chapter 17 - Like father, like daughter

"Guard."

The fourth green crystal shone bright as it merges with the large pile of rock. It slowly disappeared as if being swallowed.

Asha breathe out heavily in relief as the fourth rune is now in place. It already took a huge amount of mana from her but she still needs to place the last rune crystal for her to activate the barrier.

Earth manipulation and rune formation are very powerful skills to have in her world. It doesn't matter how strong the opponent is but with a smart manipulation of elements and summoning formations, it can tip the scales during battle.

As powerful as it sounds, it drains a lot of mana everytime either is used. So using it wisely is always a must. It's the reason why her father trained her both physically and mentally. For combat skills that use physical strength, and for element manipulation and rune formation that use intellectual capacity.

A lot didn't agree on how she was raised and trained but she believes in her father. He would be strict and harsh when he discipline her, but it is for her own good. She's a daughter of a Mafia Lord after all. Some call her princess, some call her the devil's descendant.

Jonas Bridges is a man you wouldn't want to go against with. Not only is he the richest man in Joya, but with his unique manipulation of space and time, he is feared for he is one powerful man. And like his only daughter, she was also born with a unique element link that she only owns, the earth manipulation. Like father, like daughter.

Some would say it's a blessing, some would say it's a curse. Many tried kidnapping Asha since she was a child because of this unique ability. And because of this, she lost her mother who was trying to defend her one time she almost got taken away.

And now, she's been sent to a different world where no humans exists. She needs to adapt while searching for means on how to get back to her father.

She went to the edge of the lake near the entrance of the cave. She was holding a large green crystal as big as a baseball. From the size and weight of it, she knows it is full of earth energy, the energy of nature.

She meditates for a while and gathers energy from the plants around her. She slowly infused the crystal with her own mana so not to get rejected. If the crystal's energy collides with the mana infused, it would be instantly repelled and she can be harmed with a backlash.

Creating rune formations is dangerous. That's why it takes a lot of patience and skill. For one can even get killed from the backlash if the crystal you want to use has more powerful energy than the infuser.

The green crystal started floating in front of her as she starts to write on it using her fingers glowing with green light. When she was done, the crystal flew up and hovers in the air.

"I, Ashanti Bridges, call on forth the runes that I have devised. Guard of the North! Guard of the East! Guard of the South! Guard of the West! Combine!"

Green lights shine brightly surrounding the whole area. It slowly encloses an acre of it as all the light move towards the middle crystal. It was a sight to behold if anyone near the vicinity sees it, but sadly, there is none.

It took some time to completely encircle the area, creating this shining green translucent dome. Small animals began to feel the power emitted by the barrier that made them look at the direction where it's coming from. Some tried to get close to it as if attracting them but when they touch the barrier, it blocked and they can't get pass through.

"Guards Conceal!"

The barrier slowly changed its appearance to a very high and steep rock formation. Its dangerous looking slopes is the disguise Asha had imagined while forming the barrier as to completely repel any beasts to get closer.

The green light gradually fades as the disguise was completed. From the outside, it looks like a very steep and dangerous rocky mountain. But from Asha's view from the inside, it's an acre of land with a small lake and a cave, surrounded by bamboo trees.

"I think this will do."

She was smiling as she looks at her surroundings proudly. She walked outside the barrier and nods as she approves of the appearance of the rock mountain. She smoothly crossed over the barrier and went back inside as she gently wiped the sweat on her face with her hand.

"That almost drained me of my mana. I haven't created rune formations for a long time for there are less runes to practice back in my world. I need to recover while I wait for Dumu to finish."

She slowly lay down on the grass near the lake and stared at the sky. She never have seen nature this beautiful that's why she's always in awe whenever she had the chance to just look at her surroundings while resting.

"How wonderful could it be if my world has nature as abundant as this world...."

She smiled as she closed her eyes and enjoyed the breeze that's been blowing in her direction. The bamboos rattled a beautiful melody as they sway with the breeze. The green grass that's beneath her was glowing a faint green as if nurturing her lost mana.

Maybe it isn't that bad after all that I got warped to this place.

She softly sighed as she fell asleep.