Chapter 78 - The Goddess of the night *

"One last thing left...."

Asha exhales through her mouth as she concentrate one last time. A huge rock emerged beside the start of the bridge she just made. She swiped two palm-sized green crystals from her space.

"I thought she is already done. Master successfully created a path leading to the island. What else does she need to do?"

"Knowing Asha, she is going to camouflage the entire path and create an illusion to protect what she just made. I have seen her do this before but I have no idea it is this complicated. She is using her mana endlessly, I am beginning to get worried...."

"Camouflage? Illusion? What are you talking about snake beast?"

"I cannot explain it like how she taught and explained it to me. Better watch and observe, you will know what I am talking about when she is done. It is best not to distract her. We do not want a backlash hurting her if she fails."

Theo, the wolves and the capybaras heard Tarik and Dumu's conversation even if it's slightly audible for no one wants to disturb what Asha is doing. Onslo is seriously watching Asha, as if studying what she is doing.

"I will keep watch. I will tell if something is wrong with sister's mana. Just let her do her thing. She knows what she is doing...."

Dumu looks at Onslo who is focused on watching Asha. Tarik pats Dumu's shoulder that made him look back at him. He nods at him that made him sigh and look back again at his wife. He remembers Asha telling him that making complicated formations is hard and needs deep concentration or a backlash is inevitable. With how big the crystals she is holding in each hand, if anything goes wrong, he is guessing a dangerous backlash will harm his wife. He wants to talk to her through minds but it might distract her, so he kept silent and prayed for his wife to be safe.

The two crystals hover above her palms. The green crystals are glowing bright as it floats in the air.

"Connect."

Two green light came out from each crystals and reached each other as if the two were pairing. Asha's hand glows a green light as she writes a rune formation on the first one.

"Alpha."

Then she writes another formation on the second crystal as both stays afloat.

"Omega."

The written runes glows before landing on both her palms. She walks towards the huge rock marker she made earlier. She then placed the crystal marked Alpha on the rock.

"I, Ashanti Bridges, bestow upon this rock the Alpha. Guard and protect."

The crystal slowly merged with the rock. As the crystal burrows deeper, leafy vines start to cover the whole marker, trying to hide and protect the crystal embedded on it.

Asha exhales and wipes the sweat forming on her forehead with her free hand.

"Are you alright wife?"

She looks back when she heard Dumu. She smiles as she noticed everyone are all gathered behind her, just waiting for her to finish.

"It's already evening? I lost track of time again. I'm fine husband. Sorry if I kept you all waiting. I tend to forget time when I'm focused on doing something. I'm still not done yet and it's already evening. I need to go to the other end of the bridge to finish everything. Is it okay with all of you to follow behind? You can eat along the way if you are hungry."

"Master does not need to worry about us. You should think of yourself. Are you sure you can keep going master? Are you not tired? You have used too much mana already...."