Chapter 63 - A myth or a legend?

"Now where should I start..."

Souta was tapping the table with his finger as he tries to remember how Leroy usually tell the story. Dumu sat opposite to him as he waits for him to start.

"You might have heard from other witch doctors from other villages or kingdoms that the Ancients died while saving the beast god Nabu and the mother of all Gaia."

Dumu nods, "some also say that the Ancients transcended to divine beings for helping the beast god in the divine war."

Souta nods back, "there is always a different version from each of the witch doctors you will meet. Witch doctor Leroy has his own version as well.

They say that there are four beasts that completes the Ancients, yes? But for Leroy, there were five. The fifth beast is the only beast that is from our world, the Baihu or the white tiger. That is why Byakko is considered the kingdom of all kingdoms, for their race still exists today and rules the largest kingdom in the beast world, the king of all races.

The other four, were beasts saved by the beast god from Davorin's world, the god of war. That world is called the Middle Earth. The Dragon, the Gryphon, the Vermilion bird and the Chelonian. They were saved by our beast god Nabu before their world's destruction."

Some beast men went closer to the two and listened in as Souta continues with the story. These includes the wolves for they got curious on how the story goes, as well as Tarik.

"There are other worlds aside from the beast world?" Dumu asked as he secretly glanced at his wife who is busy chatting with Giada.

"Yes. Every celestial in the divine realm has a world of its own to take care of as per the Supreme's order, the god of all gods. Aside from the divine realm and the underworld, there are three which stands out from the rest because they are considered powerful and unique in their own way. The Old Earth, the Middle Earth and the New Earth. These worlds were created by Gaia, the goddess of creation, who we know as the mother of all. The beast world that we live in is what they call the Old Earth, which is her gift to her mate, Nabu.

According to Leroy, the wisest of the Ancients who is called the Chelonian, was lucky to come back to the beast world and escape before the divine war ended. They say that before its death, he mentioned that there was a traitor among beasts that got everyone killed during the divine war. And that's when he said that the celestial born from the beast god Nabu and the mother of all Gaia will come back to punish the betrayer and redeem what is almost lost."

"When you meet someone who has the breath of the Old Earth, the true descendant and salvation of all beasts has come and will reclaim what is almost lost. All hail the beast god Nabu and the mother of all Gaia."

Souta nodded after Dumu recited the old proverb that he memorized when Leroy was repeating it before his death.

"But what is almost lost?" Everyone's eyes were on Tarik as he asked.

Souta shrugged, "I do not know. I told you every witch doctor has a different story to tell. They only tell what they want to tell without giving explanations. We do not even know if it is myth or just a legend told to other beasts during ceremonies and rituals. Or may just be a bedtime story for cubs so they can fall asleep.

It is strange if you will think about it. Why are there many different versions of the story? Did it really even happen? Do they want to mislead us? Or are they hiding something? Anyway, it is a good story to tell for celebrations like this to pass the time. It makes everyone attentive and curious that they will want to listen in. Am I right wolf beast?"

Souta looks at Tarik.

"Yes Your Grace. The wolf village was not blessed to have a witch doctor of our own that is why when we hear stories like this, we are curious and want to listen as well."