Chapter 82 - Crocodiles and Dolphins *

"Who dares trespass one of the islands that we have under our protection! Identify yourselves!"

Dumu hid his wife behind him while Tarik and Theo stood behind the couple as they all face a group of angry looking beast men standing on the shore.

"Trespass? I believe this island is owned by no one. I have been here before and there is not even a single soul who lives here. How dare you yell at us! Who are you to question us?!"

The beast men became hostile after hearing Dumu. They were gritting their teeth as they look at them angrily.

"The group of islands near the edge of the world is being protected by crocodiles and dolphins. Even if no one is living in this island, it has been under our protection for tens of cycles. Who are you and why are you here?"

"I am Dumu, a wandering beast. Me and my group are here to claim this island for my wife."

"Wife? Who is this wife?"

"She is my female. She wants this island. What my wife wants, my wife gets."

The group of male crocodile and dolphin beast men laughed as if mocking Dumu. Asha is beginning to get pissed.

"An island just for a mere female? Hahahaha... let me see that female so I can be the judge if she deserves to have this whole island or not. Male beasts are really stupid in how they spoil their arrogant female who knows nothing but to ask for anything their capricious ass want."

Asha steps forward with her hands on her hips.

"Who said he's gonna judge me? How will you do that? Just by looking? Or you wanna fight to duel."

Asha forgot that her dress is still not dry and is clinging on her body. Some of the male beast men catcalls. Dumu and Tarik steps forward to hide Asha while Theo summons a gentle wind to dry her dress and hair.

"Thank you," Asha tells Theo as she brushes her hair with her fingers. He nods in reply.

"Who dares to disrespect my master!?! No one is allowed to do such cheap and dirty things to her! Come forward and I will kill you," Tarik growls, his canine teeth showing.

The green-haired brawny-looking beast man who has been silent all the time and standing on the side, observing, walks forward. His group went silent and looks down in shame when he glared at them. He looks at Tarik, Theo and then at Dumu, like he was sizing them all up before looking at Asha.

"Not bad for having a seven-starred beast and two six-starred beasts around you. My apologies female for my fellow beasts' arrogance and contempt."

A handsome blue-haired beast man carrying a young beautiful blue-haired female in his arm stood beside the beast man who just spoke. He smiles.

"We come here in peace. We do not mean your group any harm. They are not used to seeing land beast men and are always hostile to new faces. I am Dylan, the dolphin chief living in one of the islands near here."

"I am Zale, the crocodile chief and the one leading the patrols within this area," the burly looking beast man said. "This island is included in my protection. One of my fellow crocodile reported that he saw a group of land beast men on this island so we are here to check. You said you want to claim this island? I know you said the female wants it, but I want to know your purpose. Female, if you may, please step forward. No one will harm you on my watch, this is a promise I keep. We just want to know your reason."

Asha squeezed herself inbetween Dumu and Tarik to step forward.

"I am planning to establish our guild on this island. That's the reason why I wanna claim it. I have already checked this place and there's no one inhabiting this island. Let us protect it to lessen your burden. This island is useless to you anyway for this place is mostly covered with mountains and all of you are water type beast men. Why waste your time hiking up mountains while you can rest easy in the sea. And this island offers no prey for you for all of you are carnivores."