Chapter 36 - The Snake And The Fox (Part 1)*

Dumu was walking back to where Asha was with Edi. He already sold everything for many of the fox beasts where at the witch doctor's house. He was excited to show his wife the crystals he got but the witch doctor tagged along with him because he wants to say goodbye to his mate before they leave the tribe.

He already noticed Asha at the riverbank but what caught his attention was Jedrek. They both look like they are in the middle of an argument for he can see his wife's irritated look.

"The chief is also here? Dumu, you better calm down. I can feel your angry aura from here. We still do not know why the chief is talking to your mate."

Dumu was quiet. Edi had a feeling that Jedrek is interested with Asha and he can feel Dumu knows it too. With their keen senses, they listened in to their conversation.

"Sorry but I have to reject you like how you rejected her because I don't like you. Now, if you may excuse me, I need to check our things so we can leave this place right away."

They saw Asha pick up her containers and left Jedrek at the riverbank. Dumu felt relief when she rejected Jedrek bluntly. But he wasn't expecting him to call her name and was about to follow and reach out for her. Dumu's vision darkened and quickly morphed to his half snake form as he slithers to attack Jedrek.

Even Edi was startled at the sudden attack. All he saw was Jedrek getting thrown away and crashed on a row of destroyed trees.

"You, do not have the right to speak my wife's name from your dirty mouth. This fox tribe will lose a chief today."

Jedrek wipes the blood from his mouth as he stands up from the pile of broken tree trunks.

"You can try, but you will not succeed. I will make sure that your female will be happy with me after your death snake beast."

That made Dumu furiously mad as he rushed towards Jedrek to attack.

The trees around them are getting destroyed, the ground shaking with every whip of Dumu's tail, and the killing aura both five-starred beasts are giving off can be felt.

Edi hurriedly run to Asha's side to protect her.

"Female, you better get away from this area. The two went berserk and it is dangerous here. Female?"

Edi was worried and uneasy with Asha's cold look as she watch the two fight seriously. Other females would be trembling with fear and would have screamed or cried. They would either run away or faint on the spot but this female stood there like the aura those beasts are giving off are nothing to her.

What startled the witch doctor is the faint green aura that is encircling Asha. Edi is a six starred-beast but since he is very old, he doesn't have that same vigor like when he was younger. He can still sense though how powerful a beast can be and at that moment, he is definitely sure that the female's exuding a powerful beast aura.

How is this possible?! How can this female have an aura of a starred beast male?!? Last time I felt this powerful aura is from the king of Byakko. Who is this female?!?

The loud crashes and ground shaking have attracted attention from the other fox beasts. Some strong male beasts came to the area and saw that their chief is being attacked by the snake.

The two have already morphed to their beast form. Jedrek's white fluffy fur is dishevelled and his body is stained with blood while Dumu's obsidian snake scales have deep scratches.

Dumu sprays venom from his mouth towards Jedrek. Since Jedrek is half the height of Dumu's towering snake form, his agility helped him avoid the poison. The venom almost looks acidic for everything it touches melts and the bubbles popping from it releases poisonous gas.

The stronger fox beasts at the scene are prepared to attack to save their chief. They are watching them fight and are waiting for a chance to help Jedrek.

"Elder Edi. Please tell your tribe's beast men to not interfere. This is a fight between two alphas. I will not think twice to attack anyone who plans to gang up against my husband. I'm saying this out of consideration for Dumu looks up to you and deeply respects you, that's the same for me."

Edi didn't hesitate to disperse his six-starred aura at the fox beasts to warn them. He looked at them sternly as he shakes his head no. At the back of his mind, he knows that what the female told him is true and she won't hesitate to do what she said. And it scared him.

They all watched as Jedrek avoids every tail whips and venom splash that Dumu attempts to hit him. Asha can see Jedrek use his wind manipulation to help him move around faster. Since Dumu has a larger body, his attacks are slow for him to even get hit.

Dumu is getting pissed off and Asha can see it. The fox beasts are cheering for their chief as he avoids the attacks gracefully.

"You can do it husband! I believe in you!"

Asha cheered at Dumu that made the other beasts look at her annoyingly. They looked at each other and smirk before they all sneakily walk towards her.

"Move one more step if you want to die."

Edi alarmingly look at his surroundings when he saw small thorny vines moving beneath the grass.

"Stupid bastards! Stop moving! We are all surrounded by poisonous vines!"

They were all surprised and stopped moving when they saw the vines moving like they are waiting for them to make a move. Edi looked at Asha but she was still standing there, watching Dumu and Jedrek fight without a care in the world, unmoving.

"Don't worry Elder Edi, like I said earlier, I won't attack unless they strike first. I only give what I receive. If I receive kindness, I'll be generously good to you but if you evilly threaten me or my family, you'll see how much of a devil I really am."