Chapter 79 - The secret mermen keep *

"I, Ashanti Bridges, bestow upon this rock the Omega. Conceal and hide."

The glowing green crystal from her hand floats towards the stone marker she summoned beside the other end of the bridge. It merged with it and like the other marker, leafy vines cover it as to hide and be inconspicuous.

"I call on the Alpha and the Omega. Connect and complete."

The stone marker glowed and a beam of light suddenly shoot towards the other end of the bridge they all came from. The same happened at the other end, the stone marker glowed and released the same beam of light. When both beams of light meet at the middle of the bridge, the two intertwine as if creating a strong rope while it twirls and extends to the other end.

The bridge begins to glow that surprised everyone who is standing behind Asha. And as the brightness slowly begins to dim, the bridge fades and disappears from their sight. As if the bridge wasn't there to begin with.

"Wait! What?! What happened to the bridge master made? She used all of her mana just for that path be destroyed after we all used it? This is unfair...."

Tarik marches towards the end of the bridge where it's supposed to be. He stretched his hand to feel and check what happened when he got repelled and pushed back some steps away.

The others who are watching got scared when they saw Tarik get pushed back by something invisible. The other wolves move forward to check and the same thing happened to them. The stronger the force they used, the farther they got pushed back as if refraining them to even get near.

"It did not get destroyed. It is still there but it is protecting the path from others to be used. It camouflaged and created an illusion that nothing is there.

As long as you know where the bridge is and you have permission to enter, you will be able to use it. Am I right wife?"

Asha smiles at Dumu as she takes his hand and pulls him to walk with her.

"You still remember! Wanna try passing through husband?"

Dumu smiles back as he leads the way, pulling his wife with him. Both of them passed through and disappeared which shocked all of them.

"Master!"

"Alpha!"

"Female!"

They all waited with baited breath for the couple to reappear. It wasn't for long when Dumu came back as he pulled his wife with him. The two were laughing but stopped when they saw the shocked, worried and relieved faces in front of them.

"Master! I thought something bad happened to you!"

Tarik hugged Asha tight as he flings himself towards her. Dumu rolls his eyes before trying to remove Tarik from clinging onto his wife. Asha pats his shoulder as he gets pushed away by Dumu.

"We're just checking if what I made is complete and working. If anyone needs... to use the bridge, you need to tell me or Dumu... so we can give you permission and...."

"Wife! Your nose is bleeding!"

Asha blinks awake when she hears Dumu. She felt the fatigue and tiredness taking over after the adrenaline's rush in her body wore off. She wiped the blood with her hand and looked at it.

"This is nothing. I think my body can't keep up... from all the mana I used back there and... for how long I have been using my mana. Sorry hehe... I just need to slee...."

Dumu caught his wife as she fainted. All of them got worried but Onslo stepped forward as he looked at Asha.

"Sister is fine, just very tired. Like she said, her small body cannot keep up with that huge mana she used. Large amounts of mana have been going out while small amounts are coming inside her body for a long time. There was an imbalance. The exchange has exhausted her body. Let her sleep. She will be fine after a full rest."