Chapter 72 - The Capybaras *

All of them went down the mountain. The wolves morph to their beast forms except for Tarik and Zeev who are now carrying two freshly killed wild boars each. It should have been dinner but there's a change of plans.

They quietly watch as the group of beast men run for their lives from the giants. It's a group of Capybaras. Two females are on the backs of the males and one male is carrying a beast that is all bundled up with beast pelts.

They all crouched low behind the bushy leaves on the side of the mountain as they wait for the right timing. Dumu and Asha stealthily went through the middle of the grassy plains and hid on one of the scattered thick bushes. Onslo stayed hiding at the peak of the mountain and got ready to swoop down fast with Asha's signal.

A group of capybaras can now be seen clearly running away from the horde of savage giants. They all look so tired and exhausted but they were still being chased by the group of giants. The blood coming from the wounded beast is the reason why the savage beasts are chasing them. The smell of blood attracts them for the giants consider it as fresh meat.

The capybaras panicked when they felt the ground shake from behind them and saw walls of earth beginning to rise in a fast speed.

"Just continue running. Hide to the side of the mountain under those thick bushes or behind the trees. We got this."

Onslo was gliding on top of them when some of the capybaras looked up to see where the voice came from. He can see the relief on their faces and some of them nodded at him as they follow what the young owl told them.

Rows of thick high walls of earth continue to appear that made the savage giants roar in anger. One by one, the walls as high as mountains came crashing down as they get destroyed when the giants collided with it. It didn't stop the giants but it made them slow down as they continue to crash against the thick walls. And as the last wall crumbled that stopped them all off from their rampage, howls of wolves can be heard echoing throughout the terrain. The savage giants are now surrounded as the wolves walk around them, observing their confused faces.

"Need fresh meat? Why not try going for wolf meat? We taste better."

The wolves distract the savage giants who where standing stupefied. The wolves start to run in circles and taunt the giants that made them roaring again in anger. One by one, a wolf would appear attacking and would back away quickly to evade any danger. It doesn't matter if they can cause damage with the attack or not. Their purpose is to taunt and wind them all up. The wolves' agility and speed has improved a lot. No wolf got wounded, the savage giants biting back is too slow for them.

They keep on doing this to piss off the giants more. When they are certain that they have their full attention and begins to attack back, they started to run towards the place where their alpha and her mate is hiding. Tarik and Zeev joined them as well while carrying the freshly killed boars to entice them with the smell of blood from the dead boars.

The grassy ground got destroyed with the storming savage giants as they try to chase the wolves. The wolves keep changing positions as they run, making the giants dizzy and confused as they run after them.

Two gigantic trees began growing in a fast speed in two different points in the middle of the grassy plain. As the light of the moons hit the trees, the shadow from those drew lines on the ground marking it for the wolves to see. The two trees extended their branches to each other creating a massive wooden wall. It casted a big shadow, now forming a dark square on the grassy ground.

The wolves nodded at each other when they saw it. This square shadow is the marker their alpha told them to drag the giants into but for them not to enter. One by one, they move away stealthily, as the others continue taunting the giants. As they all run towards the designated area, Onslo can be seen flying high stealthily on top of them, waiting for every wolf to disappear from the scene until Tarik and Zeev are the only two left having chased by the savage giants. They both held two bloody dead boars in each hand as they run. The scent of blood made the giants focus their chase on the raw meat they are both holding.