Chapter 6 - Old Harac

"This is a world dominated by beast men. Every tribe belongs to a race and these tribes are scattered all over the world. They live in villages...."

Asha sits up straight as she listens to what Old Harac is telling her. As the old tree narrates the story of this foreign world for her, questions keep on piling up and she is itching to ask them one by one.

This doesn't makes sense. How did father teleported me in this place? Why would he even warp me here where there aren't even humans. Did he even know that such world exists? I'm sure there was a mistake....

"Beautiful female, did I make it more difficult for you?"

Asha looks at the tree warily.

"I... I just realized that this world is so different from where I came from. Does that mean that I'm the only human in here?"

"It is a high possibility. But like what I said earlier, you have the breath of a bird. If you have that breath, you are a beast man female. But the bird tribe that you belong to, I do not know, yet it is familiar."

"I'm not a bird. Birds fly right? I don't. I don't even have wings. And that's because I Am human. And you said beast men cannot hear you nor can talk to you trees."

"I have been wondering about that too. Tell me my beautiful Asha, do all humans have the ability to talk to trees in your world? It would be so wonderful if that is true."

The trees around them sways like they were happy with what Old Harac said. Leaves fall out from their branches as they wiggle it with excitement.

"As far as I know, I'm the only human with an affinity with earth. Just like my father who is the only one with an affinity with time and space."

"Affinity with earth? Time and space? Can you tell us what are those beautiful female? We love hearing stories for we cannot go anywhere but stay at the same place where we are born until we die."

She felt a tinge of sadness from the old tree's last words. She touched the trunk and a green aura appeared in her hand that gently soothed the tree's mood.

"Earth is the ground where we all stand. Everything that the ground touches, I can control. Maybe that's why I can talk to you trees."

Asha doesn't want to give out all the information she knows for she's still uncertain on what she can or cannot do in this world. It would be better if she gets to know how everything works in here before trying out what she can really do.

"But about space and time, I don't know how to explain it to you. It's more complicated that I do not even know how it works. Only my father can explain it easily."

"You and your father are very powerful from how you tell it. Living as a tree in your world would be very good."

The trees again wiggle their branches as if agreeing to what the old tree said.

Asha smiled sadly, "you wouldn't want to live in our world for our world is slowly dying. We may have a lot of beautiful things in there but most of the humans abuse what nature has brought them."

"Your world is dying? You better stay here my beautiful Asha. We would be happy to be with you and care for you. Maybe our Mother Gaia brought you here to save you."

The branch where Asha was sitting begins to be raised up until she reached the top of the old tree. The view made her gasp in admiration. There are trees as far as the eye can see.

"Wow! There are too many trees! This is a very huge forest."

Old Harac laughed.

"Our ancestors told stories about our Mother Gaia. It was passed from generation to generation so we will not forget to be grateful for Mother Gaia is our creator. She created everything in this world. She is the Goddess of creation, the mother of all.

She has the ability similar to yours my beautiful female. Maybe it was destiny why you were sent here. Stay with us Asha. We will protect you and care for you."

She smiled and patted the branch gently.

"I'm happy and grateful that all of you accepts me even if I'm not from this world. It's not that I don't need your help or anything but, I would like to understand the situation I'm in myself and find out why of all places I was sent here.

I still have a family that I have left in my world, and I'm worried. I would still like to know if I can go back, not because I don't like it here, but because I still have someone who I care about and I don't know what is happening to them right now. I know they are worried about me too."

The old tree lowers his branch and goes back to its original position.

"You are very caring my beautiful female. Do not worry for we understand. While you stay in our world, let us guide you and watch over you."

Asha smiled beautifully at them that made their heart soar.

"I'll gladly accept it. Thank you."

Old Harac laughs as he patted her head softly with another branch.

"If you want to know more, it is best for you to wander this world. My knowledge is limited. Meeting the different races and tribes of the beast men can help you to better understand this world of ours."

"I'll do that Old Harac. I was planning to do that anyways."

"You need to be careful my beautiful Asha. For not all beast men you will meet will be good. I am not saying that they are all evil, but just be careful on your way."

"It's the same in my world, not all humans are good. That's one thing beast men and humans are alike I guess."

The surrounding trees begins to shake.

"Speaking of beast men, a group of abandoned beasts are on its way here. These abandoned beasts are savage creatures. My beautiful Asha, you have to get away from here for us trees are not good in fighting. We can only warn you of incoming danger."

Asha stands proudly as she leans a hand on the old tree's trunk.

"Don't worry Old Harac, I'm trained by my father very well. Now let's see how strong and powerful beast men are."

The Return of the Beast Princessजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें