Chapter 70 - Planning for the future *

"You don't need to worry about dead season Dumu. I'll wait for you to wake up whether it is hibernation or brumation. We need to reach that island and check what climate it has. I have a good feeling that we'll be lucky this time."

Asha strokes his long black hair as he continues to nestle his face on her breasts. Her scent always calm him down. Feeling her warm body against his always reassures him that she's always with him and nothing can separate them apart.

"Still... I want to be near my wife all the time... what if someone wants to snatch my wife away from me while I am in deep sleep? I cannot protect you from danger Asha. It worries me if you will be safe from the cold and if you will have enough food and water to survive. It is more dangerous during dead season for many beasts fight each other to survive."

"Whatever happens, I have survived twenty winters in my world husband. Winter is dead season for me. I know how to survive during that time. My husband doesn't need to worry."

Dumu looks up at her surprised.

"Is that true wife? You survived twenty dead seasons in your world?"

"Hmmm the concept of time is not entirely different back in my world. Twenty winters is equivalent to ten dead seasons here if my calculation is correct. So you can say that I have survived ten dead seasons with ease husband. You don't need to worry."

Asha smiles at him.

"If my wife survived ten dead seasons, that means my Asha is ten cycles old. My beautiful wife is younger than me then. I am fifteen. I always wonder how young my Asha is...."

"It's weird for me to hear that I'm ten because I'm still a kid back in my world if that's my age. You'll only reach adulthood at eighteen. Haha, getting married at ten is twisted and inappropriate if we are in my world."

"A beast man starts to be in heat as young as seven cycles old. Females can already choose a mate and bear cubs at that age."

"I see. Now it all makes sense. Anyway, we need to find a good place for us to stay during dead season. We won't travel in the meantime when that season starts. We'll need to stock up on everything. Will that make my husband worry less if you see that we are ready for dead season? We'll look for a safe place for you as well if ever your body goes to deep sleep."

"I do not want to be apart from my wife for too long...."

"Don't worry Dumu. We'll find a place that is near where I will stay for the entire season. Your awareness of your surroundings is still active even if you are in deep sleep, right? You'll still feel close to me that way. Does that make you feel relaxed? I promise to visit you and tell you what's happening even if you're sleeping."

Dumu nods and buries his face back on his wife's soft round bosom. Asha strokes his hair to reassure him that what she say is true.

"Asha...."

"Yes?"

"Have cubs with me when dead season ends."

Asha looks at him surprised while he looks at her lovingly.

"I thought you don't want to have any."

"I did. That was before. If that island satisfies you and you decide that it is a place where we can call it our own to settle down, let's have our own cubs Asha. Is that okay with my wife?"

"What changed your mind?"

Dumu leans closer to her as he buries his head on the crook of her neck. He kisses it softly and inhales to fill his lungs with her scent.