681-690

register
Log in
forget the password
front page
Rankings
Boys' Novels
Girls Novels
Complete novel
Novel Category
My Bookshelf
Read the transcript
Feedback
69 Book Bar
Simplified
page
collect
Table of contents
set up
Night
Report an error
Chapter 681: Instructions before departure Chapter 681: Instructions before departure
"In today's society, everything is about money. As the saying goes, a rich man in the mountains has distant relatives, while a poor man in the city has no one to care about him. Sister Wang, don't go to your relatives' house. Just follow me and make some money. No matter where you live, you don't have to care about other people's faces or live under someone else's roof. Life is so happy. Why do you have to suffer other people's idleness?"

It has to be said that Yue Mingzhou's words, no matter what his purpose was, made Chen Caixia a little moved.

After Liu Jie received Liu Geng's approval, she hung up the phone and went to handle the formalities in a triumphant manner. Not long after, everyone knew that she was going to be transferred to Shangjing University Hospital.

Everyone was envious and jealous, but there was nothing they could do about it, since he had a promising younger brother.

Liu Jie returned home and excitedly told her mother and father the good news. Her mother clapped her thigh with joy, and her previous sad face disappeared.

"My daughter, is this what your brother said? Are you sure?" Mother Liu asked again worriedly.

"Sure, Liu Geng has never been unreliable. If he says it is true, then it is true." Liu Jie was unwilling to doubt Liu Geng on this matter.

When Liu's mother thought about it, she felt that what Liu Jie said was right. Liu Geng had been a reliable child since he was young, and everything he said was steady and reliable. So she patted her butt and was ready to go out.

"Mom, where are you going?" Liu Jie asked.

"You take care of your dad first. I'm going out to chat with those people who are short-sighted and laugh at me. Let them see how successful my son and daughter are. They will live in big cities in the future. Let's see if they dare to laugh at me. And that so-and-so family, isn't it just marrying a girl from the village? What's there to show off about? They see my arrogance every day. Bah, my daughter is going to marry someone in a big city in the future."

Liu's mother became more and more excited as she spoke. She couldn't wait to go out. These days, Liu Geng's marriage had not been settled, and Liu Jie had no news about work, which made her the subject of a lot of ridicule.

Others said that it was impossible for the daughter of another director to fall in love with a poor boy from the countryside. Liu Geng was just flattering himself. He might have been kicked out by now. Otherwise, why has there been no good news for so long?

Moreover, Liu Jie's job has not been arranged yet. Isn't this evidence that even her own sister cannot be arranged? This is enough to prove that the Liu family was bragging before.

When these words reached Liu's mother's ears, she was furious, but she could do nothing because she had asked Liu Geng about his marriage several times, but Liu Geng just kept his mouth shut and said nothing. She didn't know what was going on.

Liu Geng has always felt uncomfortable about this incident with Chen Yawen. He thinks it is a shame, so he always feels angry when his family asks him about it.

If he had not been born in such a poor family, he would not have sacrificed his dignity as a man and compromised to marry a woman like this.

Even so, the family members kept urging him to come back. Don’t they all want to rely on him to live a good life? He has to pay so much for this family, so why should they urge him to come back?