441-450

Chapter 441 Fang Yuan's Ambition Chapter 441 Fang Yuan's Ambition

Because Fang Yuan was born in the countryside, he has a particularly deep affection for this rural land.

So when I chose my major in college, I chose to study biology.

He has always hoped that through advanced modern agricultural technology, he could change the situation in Fangjia Village and the farmers who work hard for a whole year but end up making little money.

So he studied various biological knowledge very seriously.

In college, he learned about traditional hybrid breeding, mutation breeding, and the latest theoretical knowledge of genetic breeding.

But the more he learned, the happier he became, but also the more frustrated he became to find that if he just grew crops and food, he still wouldn't be able to change the problem of poverty.

Because no matter how high the grain output is, it cannot be sold at a high price. Grain is always just grain. If the grain output is too high, the price of grain will be further reduced.

At that time, farmers still did not make any money, and becoming rich was a long way off.

Just when Fang Yuan was having a headache over what to do, Chen Niannian's words suddenly gave him a new idea.

Fang Yuan bought strawberries for Chen Niannian during the Chinese New Year. Chen Niannian complained that the strawberries were expensive, small and not tasty, which made Fang Yuan interested in strawberries.

This fruit is so expensive, what if we improve it?

Fang Yuan learned from the teacher's lectures that many crops and fruits have had their original properties changed in various ways, which has greatly increased the yield, and the fruits have grown larger, fuller, and more nutritious.

Recently, some crops that have been researched for many years have been put on the market and are said to have made huge profits.

So after listening to what Chen Niannian said, Fang Yuan kept thinking, can Strawberry be the same?

Is there any way to make strawberries grow bigger, fuller, more beautiful and more delicious?

If this is really possible, Nian Nian will definitely be very happy.

Thinking of Chen Niannian with her mouth full of strawberries and a smile on her face while eating, Fang Yuan immediately felt more motivated.

After learning about it, Fang Yuan found out that the original strawberry is a fruit with a very low breeding probability. At this time, the breeding of new strawberry varieties generally adopts the method of hybrid breeding, and conventional hybridization is still the main breeding method.

Fang Yuan went to the library every day to look for books on breeding.

Whenever there were lectures on botany or breeding at school, he would squeeze out time to listen carefully. For this reason, Fang Yuan made several thick notebooks with his notes.

But the more he understood, the more frustrated he became.

The research and development of a new variety requires a long period of accumulation. At that time, crops were artificially stimulated to mutate, and then the best ones were selected from thousands or tens of thousands of varieties.

Then there is the hybridization of different varieties.

Fang Yuan has neither a laboratory nor funding. It is nothing but a pipe dream for him to accomplish this relying solely on his own abilities.