Chapter 43 - Camp Hoof

As while the mainland was still in chaos the children of the last city would be settling within the fields of Branchfall as the children of the last city would slowly but, surely warm themselves to their new bipedal benefactors. All of which were trying their best to incorporate themselves to the life that they found themselves in. But, despite the effort worry and pain was still evident to the race. As they continued on to circle themselves near their guardians whom stared daggers at the adult humans that got too close to their herd. A biproduct of the late war whom continued to ravage their own lands to this day.

Yet despite the initial hate the filipinos continued on with their efforts to make the refugees open up to them. One of which was non other then the son of the carpenter that operated primarily in the town. One of which was the carpenter's child whom had been trying to play with the four newcomers that were near their workshop. As they were running close by and even playing a game that they were used to playing back at their own lands. 

"What is that.. Let me play!" Spoke Padilla junior as he proudly took out his wooden stick. One of which he had crafted himself as he rushed towards them. Making the group to distance themselves from him as they continued to avoid him. "Wait let me play!" He added as he followed in with his stick on his hand. A gesture that made the guardians agitated as the four rush back to the main group as the child rushed in eager to play. 

"WAIT UP!" He yelled out before soon enough he would hear a pair of hooves land behind him only for him to see himself lift up. "What!?" He said as he was suddenly a few meters from the ground as the towering creature would look at him.  "Return." He said a mixture of anger and annoyance filled his voice as he set him down to the other side of the camp. One of which was mostly that of temporary tents all of which was there to house as much as they could rather then that of comfort. 

One that was set up to house them all until they were able to negotiate and secure themselves enough land for their kin to thrive. One that had a small fence that kept them all safe and far from the branches as negotiators would warn about the agile and terrifying branch bugs that could appear their new encampment. "I just wanted to play!" He protested as the guard would speak up. "You human stay there!" He said clearly not wanting to let his young be close to them. 

"You people are not welcome here." He replied in return as he was all for such a thing and more in the end. "Hey stop this, we have nothing to do with the people that did this to you so don't do this to us." Declared a large man that easily towered over his son statue and even rivalled that of the guardian. "I know that you hate my species but, know that it was my people that welcomed you here.. Saved you and that princess of yours so a little bit of respect.. Plus the boy is young and his far from a threat." He said as he went on to pull his son upwards before dusting him up. 

"You didn't know what we have to suffer!" The horseman spoke with rage before Padilla would go in front of his son. "I know I have no idea what those bastards did to you... I don't know what they did with your people and I am sorry about that.. I don't know how you suffered but, we aren't your enemy." He said as he stood by shielding his son whom hid behind him. "I have no idea who of us attacked you but, know that we are civilians here.. We never done anything like that before." he replied as the guard would soon enough looked at him and scoff. An act that made the man irritated as he pulled his little one upwards letting him see the variety of stares pointed at him making him see the contempt that all of them have for him and his people. 

As the boy felt quite sadden as he would soon enough reach his home only to see his mother and siblings to look at him wanting to learn of what happened. "Its not he just wanted to talk with the horses and they didn't want to." He replied before putting him back down onto one of the crude seats. "Listen here." He replied as he kneeled wanting him to know that he was serious. "The horse people are sad.. People like us did alot of mean and horrible things to them.. And in return they become like us.. Close to extinction." He replied towards him as he wanted him to learn that he shouldn't keep their words in his heart.