Chapter 31 - Preparations

The day after the four would be touring the city's perimeter. As they needed to know what they would need to fix knowing that their enemies are still so resolute against this species along with the caravans that came from what little survived of the outer territories bringing with them stories of the brutality of the invaders. All in all it was a hectic sight as Karduke accompanied them as they made sure to summarized the scale of what they needed to protect but, seeing how everything came to be they knew that it was not a pretty sight. "I don't like this... The city is fairly new, it being a frontier city there are plenty of gates here with no manner of thinking in terms of defences. 

Aside from wild animals that could reach this close to their new homes it meant that it was a hopeless fight in return. One that the three knew far too well was impossible as well knowing that the enemies would likely be mounting a better offensive with word of their arrival. "Seems like the hunters are still missing." Replied Karduke knowing not if they were able to kill off the fleeing humans and prevent word of their new allies from reaching their commander's ears. All in all she would sigh seeing how the malayans had entrenched themselves here longer then they had. 

"At first there was trade and even a creole was formed but, in the end it ended with them suddenly sallying and attacking our people without any rhythm or reason." He continued on seeing how badly all of this was in the end. "A regime change?" Asked that of Robin who would only sigh at the realization that this was something drastic enough to cause them to lash out to such a point. "While that could be miss Robin I fear that it would not be too much of a change to cause them to do that.. Maybe its because they were attacked first?" Asked June who thought that even if that is the case the lack of any communications was the troubling bit in return. 

As they would continue on seeing how the streets were full of people all bloodied, injured and most of all starving as it seems that the situation was dire enough to cause this much suffering. As they talked all of them breaking news of villages, towns, and cities to the west that had been ransacked and destroyed along with the dead. Some of them all pointed at them due to them being similar in appearance to their oppressors. "Do we have any contact with other towns and cities?" Asked that of Jasmine to Karduke which caused the others to look at them with scorched eyes all of them far too mad to learn of their proficiency with their language not knowing that of their blessings.  

"My child and wife are dead because of you!" One of the refugees rushed towards them only to be pushed back by the commander who looked at him with a look that told him that his anger was misplaced towards them. "If you want revenge sign up with the militia." He spoke out before he gestures his people to take him knowing that they needed much of their people as much as they could and they could use the rage that echoes and explodes within them. "I am sorry for their actions." He spoke out knowing that the actions they do was far from reasonable for them since they had no part of this chaos and even more so saved them when they could easily go out.

"Commander our people had no part in this war but, the people that fight you were part of ours species." She replied in return wanting him to know that they bare fault in this and that the people are justified to hate them. "That is why we would want to help to prevent the other side from dying and the other being to prevent you from extinction." She replied to him making him nod since the fact of the matter was clear and that he found that there could be hope to pull through this all. "Is that why the boats are being made?" He asked making her shake her head. "We want to help you survive this war but, we both know its a one sided exchange." She replied out making her sigh out in return knowing that this was unjust even for them. 

"For now this is the emergency forges." He spoke out which she could see how they were making hundreds of arrows along with how they were doing well with such metals as they were able to inflict enough force to mould them to the desired shape before they quenched it in water. All in all she could see that they were desperate as nails, and anything iron dumped here as houses that were damaged were stripped of any valuables making her sigh. "This is my station." Spoke Robin who knew too well that they were in dire need of more fire power.