Chapter 8 - Untamed seas

As the fleet continued on for days within uncharted waters. As their cartographers would be working overtime to create a map but, other then some sea stacks and odd rock formations the fact was clear that they were still out in the waters. "The skies are empty." Spoke Robin as she was looking to the skies seeing it barren of any stars her form looking outside since everything was rather calm and far from eventful as her boys were doing their best to keep everyone up and eager. As well as to guide the ship thought as it so happened they stopped using the drone for now seeing how the last one was almost lost at sea. 

While also with everyone keeping their tools in tip top shape that she had not much work as of lately. Rather she was doing this as a way to figure out about the world they saw now and more. "Moon isn't here too." She added as she waited and soon enough saw that the sea was still rowdy despite the lack of one with large waves being quite normal despite absence of a natural satellite. Rather she would look on and sigh knowing that this world continues to feel more artificial she observes it.

Thought as the darkness continues to envelope their craft the fact she could see a continues blue line in the distance disturbed her. One that was uncanny due to the darkness that swallowed them. One that caused her to ascend upwards towards the search lights where she could see two of the crew talking with one another upon which the topic was her reason to coming here. "Good evening chief." One of them said as she looked on and sighed knowing that she was not the only one that asked at that. 

"Yeah we see it and its under the water." Another casually said as he placed down the cards revealing that she had a straight making her partner grunt at her lost. "Its massive is what I know but, unless you get close to it you would know that its fruitless." Another chimes in as she started to shuffle the deck once again. "Want to see?" The smug winner spoke as she saw her nod knowing that the two were taking this quite easily without much of a problem. As she didn't know it due to her being mostly in the workshop but, it was a common sight as the two would soon enough shine showing a massive line of bioluminescent fish all of which were swimming in unison and how some of their fishermen were already spear fishing the fish they call the Gel fish. 

One being a circular fish which its internal organs being covered in what was a sticky gel like substance that keeps its interior attached and is the reason as to why they glow a distinct blue. As the fishermen soon enough waving toward them as they were quite happy with the assistance of light from them. As during such times the ship was moving slow enough for them to fish and replenish their food supplies. "Ohh are those the fishes we been eating?" The engineer asked making the two nod in return. "Filling, fat, and sweet oddly." the chief added making the two smile as one of them pouted. "And perfect for a late night snack." The winning one said as she revealed her tray of snacks which she was all too eager and happy to receive. 

"Want one?" She asked as she extended the tray to her making her look on with delight as it did seem good enough to eat as well. "No fair I wanted one too." One of them said as she looked on sadly in return as she losing all of her chips and barely made enough to eat later on. As the three were quite alright knowing that the water seems to be quite stable for the time being. With the waves oddly not visible as it was before hand. Making it perfect for some recreation as she sat down and tried it. Feeling a crunch as she bit down and savoured it. "Ohh crunchy and also quite sweet." She told them both making one to pout more as she wanted to have more while the other looked triumphantly in return. "let me join and loan me some I promise to trade you both if I lose." She said letting them have some new gear in exchange making them quite happy for that. 

"Better start winning then." She teased as she stopped her from shuffling and soon enough laid down the cards and formed a deck before taking out seven each in alternating currents until they had split the whole 52 cards into 3 leaving one out to make it fair. Giving each 17 each as they prepared. "Its been so long since I've played Pusoy dos but, I'm prepared for it." She said as she looked at her cards and found herself quite lucky in return. Especially with the 2 of diamonds in her deck. "Name is Jasmine and this little thing is June we're new and we've enlisted or the lucky ones that were able to actually enlist." She said knowing that they were lucky on being the first ones.