Chapter 32 - War crimes

As it was that week would come and soon enough large parts of the city was darken with a shade of cloth along with various kill zones and much of the buildings near the gates and walls were latched with tar enough that it would likely burn and make it impossible for them to hunker down exposing them and likely opening them up to arrow fire and to charges. All in all they were quickly creating a new line just behind the first defences the structures between had been already stripped of their foundation and their structure all in creating a second line of defences where their speed and their arrows had much power then those of their guns thought much of it was still being constructed. The combine effort that the anggitay massive body made them idea for loading up large sections of dirt, making it easier for them to move large loads all at once like the beasts of burden that humans back at earth used to do but, instead of being subservient to humans would often then not go over and beyond just to protect their city. 

While the tikbalangs were quite doing their best to create the wooden supports which would ensure that the tunnels that they would be using with great effect when the siege starts would be sturdy and powerful. As well as scouts were already dispatched along with a small part of the elites to manage and disrupt their enemies in hopes of buying enough time. As Jasmine would see that she and June were riding ontop of the anggitays who were used to having the male variants of their race to mount them which as they both could see gave an insight on the type of warfare that these people excel in which was lighting fast raids and ambushes from the weapons that they used. 

Yet for now they were using this knowledge in order to harass the enemies. "Smoke." Spoke one of the archers as he had his bow at the ready while the spearwomen had readied their spears in return. As for Jasmine and June readied for the bloody outcome to come they knew that they were eating at the time being as the tikbalang despite their large and bulky size had been able to blend well in the canopies as they readied their weapons. One of which consist of three things one of which was a large crossbows that their kind used with great accurancy and the start of an attack. While the Anggitay would wait for the signal. Holding up their swords and spears for the coming charge.

As the soldiers were enjoying a meal not knowing that the sentinels were already dead with their heads collected and even more so their weapons and equipment now belonging to the natives of these lands. As for once they were taking action knowing that the base was situated within the jungles which for all their lives have thrived in. As they enjoy the easy prey that the jungle provided the true hunters of the jungle prepared to hunt for their true prey. 

"This is good we finally driven them to a corner and in time we will have a land to call our own... I mean can you even think about living with such monsters?" One of the soldiers spoke as he played with two or four of his brothers and sisters not knowing of the impeding stampede. "Go fis-!" He spoke out in job as he was excited in filling the hand of his friend with cards to the point that he was struggling to get it only for his a large arrow flew straight towards his temple causing him to fall backwards as he was impaled immediately in return. Causing his opponents to stand up before they heard shouting and yelling from all directions as arrows flew and continued to hit them while a large force of calvaries soon enough charged at them without fears bringing with them massive archers that impaled anyone that took arms and quickly breaking the cohesion of the troops as fire, arrows, and spear met their targets as the once proud force was eradicated. 

"Monsters!" One of them yelled out as they fired hitting one of the tikbalangs out of the anggitay cavalry yet his attack did not stop the spear that ram into his belly before he was push to the sides like a ragdoll to the sides causing the body to slam towards a nearby tent while arrows flew and hit their mark easily with ease causing much of the arrows as bolts, arrows, and even spears were launched hitting all manner of targets but, as the enemy had assume a defensive position around one of the tent that they would only be surprised when four and five of the soldiers that attacked them raised a gun in return towards them. Aiming well before they found themselves and with them still alive was a clear sign that they were to be collected as prisoners of war. 

Tamaraw Exodusजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें