Chapter 382: Prodigies and Monsters

Yokohama, Japan

Port Mafia HQ

A grim atmosphere has plagued a few members of the mafia.

Kanae, Gin, Higuchi, Motojiro, and surprisingly...Chuuya was here as well after seeing his members suddenly looking like they've been through a lot.

Though Kanae was the calmest one among them. The same can't be said for the others. 

Chuuya: What the fuck is going on here, and you! 

He suddenly pointed at Higuchi.

Chuuya: You've been crying like a baby for like 5 minutes since I got here. What the hell is going on while I was gone? 

Higuchi: Well...it's just that...Akutagawa-senpai...

Chuuya: Why? What's wrong with him?

Chuuya looked around the room and noticed some worrying faces from Gin and Motojiro.

Kanae: I'll answer for Higuchi-san. You see, Akutagawa came down to some kind of unknown illness and has been in a coma for about 3 days. 

Chuuya: What!?

Kanae: Speaking of those three days. Where were you while things in the mafia haven't been going so well?

Chuuya: I was busy. 

Kanae: Talking to Dazai again after two years?

Chuuya: Huh!? Why do you know that!?!?

Kanae: A wild guess...or a mere deduction on my part. 

Chuuya: Tch! You're sounding as annoying as that brat from the Agency. 

Kanae: Sorry, but I'm far from sounding like Ranpo. Anyway, you're curious about the illness that I mentioned right? 

Chuuya: Yeah, what's up with that?

Motojiro: Well, you see. I've done a bit of a checkup on him, and I found out that someone has injected a strange purple vile inside him that caused the illness. I'm still trying to analyze what kind of vile even is that but what I can tell is that it's a mix of poisons that are familiar but somehow was mixed together in such an advanced way that...fuck even I can't understand! 

Higuchi: We're still trying to find a way to cure it. We even took Akutagawa-senpai to the hospital, but they haven't figured anything out too. 

Chuuya: I see.

Kanae: Even the Toxicologists can't figure out the poison that was used to cause the illness.

Chuuya: So, you're saying that he's afflicted by some kind of incurable illness? 

Kanae: I didn't say it was incurable. We just don't have the information yet. Though there is one thing that Akutagawa said before he became ill. 

Chuuya: What would that be? 

Kanae: He mentioned a member of the Crimson Shinigami that he's never seen before attacked him and injected him with a vile inside him. I already presumed by that point the moment he was ill that the Crimson Shinigami have something to do with it. 

Chuuya: Damn bastards. As if things can't get any worse. 

Kanae: Unfortunately, I might add. Souji is also out of commission. His injuries from his fight with the Crimson Shinigami were more severe than most would've anticipated and he's still bedridden himself to recover from those severe injuries. 

Higuchi: So, what exactly do we do now?

Chuuya: I don't know. Besides, let the boss decide our next move. He probably has thought of something by now.