Chapter 369: Above Morality

Afternoon

Shinagawa City, Tokyo, Japan

Higashinshinagawa

3rd person POV

Yagami Light, Yuuki Asuna, and Asada Shino have now arrived at the building that Haru told them to go to. 

Light: This must be it.

Asuna: This is the place??

Shino: It looks like any other large commercial building in the city. 

Light: Hiding in plain sight. I wouldn't expect less from him. 

Light then looks at his phone which has a message that was sent 30 minutes ago stating which floor that they should be going once they arrive at the building. 

Asuna: You said that there's a specific floor we should get to. 

Light: That's right. He told us to meet at floor 9. 

Shino: I feel like we're walking into a trap. 

The officer pulls out her pistol as she prepares herself. 

Shino: Better safe than sorry.

Light: Let's go.

The trio then walked inside the building. As they made it to what looks like a large reception area. There's not much going on other than the lights being on. 

Asuna: It's quiet.

Light: Too quiet. I don't like it. The atmosphere seems a little off if you ask me. 

Shino: Keep your guards up. 

They continue to walk a bit more as they both made it to the elevator with no issue at all but with the lingering dread still hovering in their heads. It was already strange enough that there were lights that were on around the 1st floor, so that to them was an ominous sign. 

Light then pressed the up button on the elevator as they waited. 

Seconds later.

*DING*

The elevator has now made it as the trio head inside. 

Light simply steps inside of the elevator without any fear followed by Asuna and Shino who were both cautious but they still stepped inside.

As they got inside. The elevator door then closes as it starts to move upwards. As the silence starts to set in. There was nothing but tension in the air. The trio already realizing that they're about to be put through a gauntlet soon knowing that Haru would be around to do so.

As the elevator reaches the 9th floor.

They all stepped out of it.

As they got out, the first thing they all noticed is that unlike the 1st floor.

The 9th floor has its lights slightly dimmed compared to the brightness that was on the 1st floor.

It gave off that ominous atmosphere.

The entire floor itself doesn't have anything going for it.

Though as they looked up and noticed that the ceiling is slightly much higher here with a platform stairs leading to a different floor.

???: You arrived at the exact time.

The trio then looked up as they were greeted by the Devil himself along with his second in command.

Light: Daigo...

From the stairs Daigo Haru and Chikao Tadashi were gazing at them from above.

Haru: It's nice seeing you again, Yagami Light. Ohh and you did bring Yuuki with you and the officer.