Chapter 295: Depredation

(A/N: Obligatory OP theme for Beyond the Classroom and yes this is the OP from BSD since it does fit really well for Beyond the Classroom. Yes, it's the English cover. Don't @ me.)

Yokohama

Inside of a cafe

Dazai, Ranpo, and Kunikida are currently discussing Fyodor's possible whereabouts. 

Kunikida: Ranpo, figured anything out?

Ranpo: There's not much we could work with to be honest. I doubt he'd still be in Tokyo but oddly enough he might not also be in Yokohama as well.

Kunikida: What do you mean? 

Dazai: I have a hunch, but Fyodor has a grand scheme in mind where being in any of those two cities would make it obvious for us to be able to find him. 

Ranpo: I've done my research. He's definitely not in those two cities. If he were, then he would've made his next move immediately. 

???: Hey guys.

Just then a white-haired boy just arrived along with a young girl wearing a kimono.

Dazai: Hey Atsushi-kun! You're finally here! Same with you Kyoka-chan.

Atsushi: What are you guys talking about? 

Kunikida: The airport incident in Tokyo.

Atsushi: Ohh that. Sorry, I wish we could've joined you guys. We would've been able to get Fyodor if we helped. 

Ranpo: Hey, don't beat yourself up. No one's at fault here. You were a little busier than usual so it's understandable that you couldn't help in time. 

Kyoka: Any news on their whereabouts?

Ranpo: Unfortunately, nothing so far. Fyodor is completely off of our radar for now. 

Atsushi: Well, I never really got to ask. Who are the other members that are included there? We're already familiar with the main three but the other five I'm not really aware of. 

Dazai: Let me explain that. You should know that the Decay of Angels consists of only a few members...it seems that Fyodor has been busy recruiting more dangerous names in it and all of them are on the wanted list of most dangerous criminals in Europe. 

Atsushi: I see.

Dazai: But with what I got from him. He's planning to recruit more powerful people in Japan. 

Atsushi: Are you serious!? 

Kunikida: Unless we even know where he is. It's impossible to track him down or any of his other members. 

Ranpo: All of them have an extensive criminal record. Most of them specializing in gathering info from the shadows and much worse. But whoever Fyodor is planning to recruit, the most likely candidates would be the underground criminals across the country and some of them we don't even have info on since we don't really go after them that much. 

Dazai: Either way, if Fyodor or any of them finally make a move. It's best that we act quick. Speaking of quick, hey waitress can I have another quick cup of coffee?! And your phone number along with it!

Kunikida: Goddamnit Dazai.

As they carried out their usual antics.

Atsushi looks a little concerned. 

Kyoka already notices his concern.

Kyoka: You, okay?

Atsushi: I'm fine, it's just that things are getting more hectic than usual. Sure, it bothers me that Fyodor is still out there but...