Chapter 359: Starry Eyes

A/N: Before reading, there will some some small spoilers for the manga of Oshi no Ko. Especially in regards to Hikaru himself and his past. You can choose to check the recent chapters of Oshi no Ko before this or you don't. I won't stop you. 

Anyways enjoy

Somewhere in Tokyo

3rd person POV

An hour after meeting with the CSD.

Dazai was preparing himself as he was packing a few things as he readies himself to go into that cruise liner with the CSD.

???: Preparing yourself, Dazai?

Dazai: Yep.

A girl with white hair arrived before him.

The same girl he was with when they talked about Ayanokouji.

Dazai: We're here to protect the Calamity Weapon on that ship.

???: I'm sure you know as much as I do that shipping a dangerous like that in a cruise liner of all things means certain doom.

Dazai: What makes you say that?

???: You know as well as I do. The government seems a little on edge as of late. I mean what's that Ango person telling you?

Dazai: It's out of his control. He said that the prime minister was the one who was behind that decision. There's not much he could do about it.

???: Prime minister huh? You mean that same prime minister who suddenly stepped in after the previous one was accused of a crime that led to the board to unanimously remove the previous prime minister with the current one. 

Dazai: Yes. Though the new prime minister isn't a big fan of me nor you. Especially after what he did to you.

???: I know.

The girl felt frustration and Dazai noticed it.

Dazai: Don't worry. I'll help you deal with the people behind this.

???: I already know. It's Apocalypse. Fyodor orchestrated what happened before I was...well...

Dazai: But do you know the exact person who did it?

???: ...

Dazai: I thought so. Even though you can solve a crime before it happens. What about those crimes that happened too late?

The white haired girl was still silent before she spoke again.

???: Why can't  you let me join up with the CSD now??

Dazai: You know as well as I do. You don't want the government nor Apocalypse to think you're still alive. That's why you're working with me in the shadows until the opportunity presents itself. 

???: I understand but lives are in danger and you want me to keep myself in the dark??

Dazai: It's not the time. For now, just continue the job I gave you. It's crucial to Fyodor's eventual downfall.

The girl was once again silent before replying:

???: I understand.

Dazai: You'll be able to join the field when that time comes. Trust me. For now, we can't risk giving your status away to Fyodor and the rest of Apocalypse.

???: I suppose so. Once I'm done. You need to tell me which one from Apocalypse killed them.

-

-