Chapter 361: A Festive Evening

4:00 PM

Yokohama

3rd person POV

The CSD were now inside of a penthouse as they plan their next move. 

Ayanokouji: We're still about two hours before the ship leaves. 

Hayasaka: So, we just wait, I guess. 

Ayanokouji: We should start going incognito by the time we head there. 

Shirogane: By the way. Where did you find this penthouse? 

Ayanokouji: Oh, this? Ryuzaki told me that he's had the police across almost every city in Japan to have different safehouses specifically for us. 

Kaguya: For us?

Ayanokouji: Shiro did use one of these safehouses recently in his previous mission. 

Shiro (Masakatsu): I was surprised that he was this prepared. I guess like me and Kiyotaka-kun. We anticipated the worse to happen. 

Kurumi: For a safehouse. It is slightly luxurious.

She said while looking at the furniture. 

Ayanokouji: I know. I wondered if this was either from the government funding or some other source. 

Shirogane: Just like this other source that managed to allow ANHS to give most of us actual physical money? 

Kurumi: Ohh yeah, I remember. A few billionaires that were friends with the chairman managed to provide the money needed to give to everyone since some of them did gain millions of points. 

Kaguya: Even the Shijos from what Maki-san's dad told me that they too also provided the funds needed to execute the request that Kiyotaka-kun wanted from the school.

Hayasaka: You know it made me wonder just how prepared the chairman was if such a request was made?

Ayanokouji: That is the advantage of people who are friends with those who wield the financial power to take such action. I guess the chairman possibly anticipated that kind of request from me. Though despite my request being a potential bankruptcy. Luckily, a lot of the students didn't take the money for some interesting reasons since the extra bit of that request that I gave to the chairman was modified a bit to allow the graduating students to choose to take the money or not and there were plenty of them such as Keisei for example.

Kurumi: How so?

Ayanokouji: The reason that he told me was that he'd rather work hard to earn rather than taking the easy way out through the privileges that everyone got. 

Kurumi: Ohh I see.

Kaguya: I too actually declined the offer of that much money. 

Hayasaka: Same here. 

Kurumi: Same with me as well. I'm already living in Kiyotaka-kun's mansion...well was living in it. 

Ayanokouji: I assume that most of Class S declined??

Shiro: If I recall, the only people that accepted the money were Lelouch, Katagiri, Akabane, and Kirigiri. 

Kaguya: Huh?! Kirigiri-san?

Ayanokouji: Just a hunch but she would've likely contributed to the making of these safehouses with the money she got from ANHS or something else. 

Hayasaka: Now that I think about it. Shirogane-kun, how come you didn't accept the money? Your father would've been ecstatic about it. 

Shirogane: I decided I didn't since I think there are others who deserve it more. 

Kaguya: I get that but what about your family? I mean you guys could've made a new company with the money you could've gotten.