Chapter 334: Ramifications

Tokyo, Japan

Task Force Base

3rd person POV

L along with Sora and Shiro are checking the monitors as usual. 

All of a sudden, L got a message on his phone.

It was Mello who was calling him. 

L held the phone next to his ear as he spoke with him.

L: Hello?

Mello: L, I have some leads. 

L: Really?

Mello: Yes, and this is definitely Port Mafia written all over it. 

L: Very well and how is your new team?

Mello: Not much to be honest, aside from that doctor lady from the ADA. 

L: I hope you don't get into too much trouble. After all, your only job is to ensure that the Port Mafia will be kept busy as much as possible. We can't let them get to Kiyotaka. 

Mello: Yeah, yeah, I know. 

L: Anyways, what exactly have you found so far that's connected to the Port Mafia. 

Mello: A rumor of a secret weapons depot in the Kanagawa Prefecture. Permission to tackle this case. 

L: Permission granted.

Mello hangs up after L gave him the green light.

Sora: Weapons depot huh? 

L: Yes, and according to the memo that Ranpo gave me. There are several of those across the country. One just happens to obviously be the home turf of the Port Mafia. Kanagawa is in Yokohama. 

Sora: Heh! So, they're starting now huh?

L: That's right. Mello is the perfect man for this job. He has experiences with dealing with underworld criminals before and it's because of him that I was able to deal with some rather challenging cases back in the UK if I ever needed his or Near's help. 

Sora: I see.

L: Let's just hope with whatever he's planning. Driving their attention away from Kiyotaka is the one thing that Mello needs to do. That way, they won't be able to try and capture him if he's ever out in the open like what he's doing now. 

Sora: Not bad, I could've honestly thought of that myself. What about the other mission?

L: Not sure yet but...I'm hoping Kiyotaka, and the rest will succeed. 

-

-

-

Back at the building. 

Kaguya was now on the 6th floor now limping and bleeding after taking the elevator. 

She just contacted Ayanokouji that she and Asuna have dealt with the snipers, but they were badly injured, and Ayanokouji advises her to call the paramedics in which she already did while on the elevator. 

Not only that, Ayanokouji already told her that he's on the 6th floor as well but was looking after the rich and powerful in a large room.

Kaguya was struggling was she as now crouched down with her hand on the wall nearby. 

Kaguya: *pant* *pant* *pant* I've never bled this much ever since I fought Chisaka-san the first time. Hehe...am I really going to die? What am I saying? Of course not! 

Her mouth also began to bleed as she leaks a bit of it. 

Kaguya: I'm surprised I can even last this long...luckily Kiyotaka-kun is keeping an eye on the people we're protecting.