Chapter 348: Evil Within

Almost a week ago

At an undisclosed location

3rd person POV

Nikolai Gogol and Leo Tolstoy are at the meeting room as they sat on their seats waiting for Fyodor to arrive.

Nikolai: So, what do you think Fyodor-kun brought us here for?

Leo: I'm not sure. I heard both Kafka and Jane succeeded in their mission.

Nikolai: I know.

Leo: And they were up against Ayanokouji.

Nikolai: Heheehee!

Leo: What's so funny, Nikolai?

Nikolai: Ohh it's just that...we've been getting reports from different sources about a task force for some time and I thought they'd be a threat to us but given what happened recently. Should we really worry about Ayanokouji? 

Leo: Fyodor thinks he's a threat. 

Nikolai: But he literally lost to our lowest ranking Celestial Angels! I mean sure we do overtake most of the people that we work with on a hierarchy standpoint but if he can't beat a low-ranking Celestial Angel then Fyodor-kun's fear of Ayanokouji is just his own imagination. 

Leo: I'm surprised that you can casually put the words Fyodor and fear in the same sentence. The Demon has no fears.

Nikolai: I know, I know. What about you Leo-kun. Do you believe this Ayanokouji is a threat to us?

Leo: That depends, however his ability to adapt is an unquantifiable factor. There is no limit to that. He'll simply learn, grow stronger, and will anticipate even the most impossible of scenarios. 

Nikolai: Don't tell me you're afraid of him?

Leo: I'm not. I'm simply taking precautions. The battlefield is a dangerous place to be in. Believe me, I've been in a few wars myself before I'm forced to be discharged due to my...let's just call it undesirable actions according to my superiors in the military.

Nikolai: Right, I nearly forgot that you have a military background. Though you never talked about how you ended up the way you are now. It seems like only Fyodor-kun knows what happened which is no surprise.

Leo: And because of him. I owe my life and soul to him. He is the reason why I despise war. It's because of the things he said to me that made me realize how foolish humanity can be. That most of us are mere products of a sinful world. I intend to end all of that.

Fyodor: And we will.

The two then looked as Fyodor arrives.

Leo: Fyodor.

Fyodor: Welcome you two.

He then takes his seat.

Leo: What did you bring us here for?

Fyodor: Tsurouka-san just told me where the other two Calamity weapons are located.

Nikolai: Really?

Fyodor then presses a button as the large screen pops up.

Fyodor: This is the first one I need. 

Nikolai: What is this?

Fyodor: This is the headquarters of Direct Attack or DA for short.

Leo: They're an organization made up of mostly teenage female agents that are tasked to defend this country from terrorists as well as dealing with criminals who threaten the peace. There's a few people I've met on the black market that have heard of them and were apprehended by them a while back.