Chapter 351: The Clown's Game (Part 4)

3rd person POV

After completing the second challenge. 

It became clear that something was off. 

Though despite completing the next three challenges and saving the other Class E students the process and keeping them safe in Shiro's aptly named safehouse.

The challenges were obviously taking a toll on them in some way shape or form. 

Each challenge had ranged from water tanks which forces the hostages to drown, electric chair puzzles, and other horrendous situations that Nikolai has forced Class E into forcing the CSD and ADA to adapt to the madness that Nikolai's causing. 

With three mentally and physically painful challenges out of the way.

It was now the afternoon as the 6th and final challenge was upon them. 

The CSD and ADA were now heading to their final location.

Karma: So, where are we headed this time?

Shiro: We're heading to a mountain. Specifically, the forest next to some rundown school building.

Nagisa: Hang on, did you just say a rundown school building? 

Shiro: Yes, it's just a kilometer away from that old high school you guys said you came from. Kunugigaoka Junior High. 

Yukiko: Wait you don't mean! 

The assassins in particular looked at each other as Shiro spoke. 

Shiro: I presume that you three know that place? 

Nagisa: We do actually. It's our old school building where we used to go to class. 

Shiro: Wait, so you guys were not in the main campus itself? 

Nagisa: That's right. In fact, that's where Class E goes.

Shiro: I see. When I told L to look up on the final location. It was somewhere close to your old school. I thought that old building was used for some other purpose. Maybe a place to stay after some sort of school hiking trip. 

Karma: Well, it is actually a decent hiking spot now, but that building is actually where we had our classes and stuff while we were there. 

Yukiko: It sounded bad at first given if you're from Class E. You are the lowest of the low and most of them go there but in reality. It wasn't as bad when you get used to it and as a bonus, the place is quite serene. The nature there is pretty nice. 

Shiro: I see. Though it won't be for long if Gogol has something crazy in mind. This is the final challenge after all and personally, I feel like the last 5 challenges are somewhat tame to me. 

Nagisa: You find all that tame!? 

Shiro: I was taught to not fear things. Especially given where I came from. The only thing I fear now is losing the people I care about. 

Yukiko: So...about that place...

Shiro: I don't think I want to explain it just yet. Though I am willing to talk about it for the sake of letting it out of my chest compared to Kiyotaka-kun but it's not the right time Yukiko-san.

Yukiko: I know but, it sounded like you know about the place. This White Room facility.

Shiro: I said it's not the right time.

He said as he focuses on driving and decides not to say anything further.

Though unlike Karma and Nagisa who knew about where Shiro came from.