Chapter 313: Reunion Party

1 hour before the party.

5:25 PM

3rd person POV

Yuuichi: Are you sure this is necessary? 

Asuna: Of course. Yukinoshita-san told us that it was going to be a formal party. So, you guys need to wear these. 

Yuuichi: Sorry but suits are not my thing. 

Kei: But they look nice. Besides, Asuna-chan had the money for it after all. 

Yuuichi, Kei, and Kazuto were wearing black suits. 

It's quite foreign for them to wear such things. 

Kazuto: You guys do look good though. 

Kei: You think so? 

Yuuichi: Luckily this suit isn't for rent so we can basically get our hands dirty later on. 

Kei: I agree.

Kazuto: Umm Asuna, shouldn't you get dressed too?

Asuna: Well, I should be, but I have to take care of you boys first obviously. Besides, I don't think the two of you have ever been to a formal party before. 

Yuuichi: Well, duhhh may be because we've yet to experience it. 

Asuna: I get it but come on, at least try to look good. Kazuto-kun, the tie please.

Kazuto: Here.

He threw it as Asuna without even looking catches the bow tie as she ties around Yuuichi's neck. 

Asuna: There.

Yuuichi then looked at the nearby mirror. 

Kei: Damn! Look at you! I've never seen you this sharp before. 

Yuuichi: I guess so. Though the tie is kinda killing me here.

He adjusts the tie a bit feeling a little tight from it. 

Asuna: Don't worry about it. You'll get used to it eventually. Ohh! I should be getting ready. 

She then ran off outside of Yuuichi's room as she goes to her own hotel room. 

Kazuto: So, do we have everything in place? 

Yuuichi: Of course. With Hikigaya, Hiratsuka-sensei, and that Hayama person's help. We already have this school under our surveillance. Prior to the event, we managed to get Hiratsuka-sensei to allow us to install security cameras across Sobu High. Luckily the staff there are kind enough to let us do our work since we're told them that we're from an authorized task force. This makes our job of setting the cameras in school easier. I will be handling surveillance. The three of you will be in charge of most of the action. 

Kazuto: Got it. 

Yuuichi: You have your weapons, right? 

Kei: Yeah, we do. 

He was holding a pistol. 

Kazuto: Yeah.

He too has his own but...

Kazuto: Are you sure this is safe? I mean I wouldn't want to accidentally kill someone. 

Yuuichi: Don't worry. Ranpo gave us special kind of bullets that rather than killing them. The bullets used when they impact their body won't hurt them too much since it's used to incapacitate them rather than straight up kill them if we hit them in the head or heart. 

He then shows a bag of bullets. 

Kei: Woah! Ranpo-san really did plan this out well. 

Kazuto: I can see why they're called the Armed Detective Agency now. Makes sense that they would have something like this.