Chapter 360: Fame and Infamy

3:00 PM

Yokohama

3rd person POV

Dazai Osamu was at the cafe under the ADA's office as he waits until the time to head to the cruise liner is upon him. 

Dazai: Nearly three hours left.

Just then, his phone got a notification.

It was a message from Ayanokouji.

Dazai did send his phone number to a select few members of the CSD just in case things go awry.

He looked at the message and his expression is that of intrigue.

Dazai: I see. You're more than what I expected.

Ranpo: Dazai!

All of a sudden, a certain detective shows himself.

Dazai: Ranpo. Nice seeing you around. How's your recent collaboration with them? I heard you guys have gathered plenty of allies.

Ranpo: Yeah, just recently Yosano and the rest found two more of the former Class S students.

Dazai: More Class S students huh?

Ranpo: Yep, and I heard recently that you have already hired a few to the CSD except for one.

Dazai: Ohh don't worry about "her". I did tell you and the president that she's not ready to join them yet until we are absolutely sure we can. We don't want Fyodor and his organization to find out that she's still alive somehow. She will be one of the CSD's most valuable asset and we need to ensure we have that element of surprise.

Ranpo: I see. I heard you're going on a cruise ship with Ayanokouji and the others from the president. Does it concern the Calamity Weapon?

Dazai: As always Ranpo, you always ask the right questions. Yes, we're making sure that Apocalypse doesn't get their hands on it.

Ranpo: Though there is something fishy about it.

Dazai: I know what you're going to say. You're worried about this sudden decision to transport a dangerous weapon inside of a cruise liner with people involved.

Ranpo: Exactly, why would the government do that? I understand the idea but why risk thousands of people on board like this? 

Dazai: Ango-san told me it was the Prime Minister's decision. 

Ranpo: You mean that same Prime Minister that replaced Kijima? 

Dazai: The same one.

Ranpo: I've been looking into that new Prime Minister for a bit but given our current priorities. I don't think it will be possible to deal with him yet despite the...recent goings on with that Lycoris incident. Speaking of that incident, I felt like that in itself is deliberate.

Dazai: How so? 

Ranpo: There's usually something more than meets the eye. I've yet to find out what it is but I will get to the bottom of it 

Dazai: Good to hear. Though if you are looking for info. Have you asked the other detectives like Kudo-san and Kirigiri-san to assist you?

Ranpo: They have their own investigations. I'll be fine on my own for now.

Dazai: If you need any help. I'll send Atsushi-kun or someone else if needed.

Ranpo: I'll do just that.

-

-

-

-