Chapter 328: Unexpected Stakes

4 days before the meeting

Kyoto, Japan

7:27 AM

At a hospital. 

Misaka Mikoto was walking down the hallway as she plans to meet up with a certain boy and girl who are likely in the hospital room by now. 

Misaka: (*Sigh* I can't believe that I have meet up with that idiot and that know-it-all queen. I mean what does she even want with me anyway? I swear to God if they go all PDA on my face just to make me jealous...wait! what am I talking about!? I don't even care about their relationship! Besides, they're both annoying in their own way anyway so that's at least something that they both have in common.) 

She then finds the hospital room where Touma is residing since the night of the incident. 

And as expected. 

She found both Touma and Misaki already there. 

Misaki: Good morning to you, Misaka-san!

She greeted.

Touma: H-Hey-

Misaka: Save it, I wanna get straight to the point. Shokuho, what do you want to talk about?

Misaki: No need to be hasty. Besides, we have plenty of time to talk plus Touma-san is allowed to be discharged from the hospital so he's good to go. 

Misaka: Well, I have better things to do than hang out with you lovebirds. 

Misaki: Fufu! Are you still jealous? 

Misaka: Of you!? Like hell I am! Don't treat me like I'm some third wheel in this relationship of yours. 

Touma: But aren't you one since Misaki-san and I started dating? 

Misaki: Fufufufufuufufufu! Oh Touma-san, you're so funny!

Misaka wasn't happy about that as her rage begins to boil.

Misaka: Oi! Say that again?!

Touma: I-I was just kidding! That was a just a small rib! No need to take it that seriously! 

He had his arms raised in defense while Misaka glared at him. 

Misaka: Ughh whatever. 

Misaki: Now that you've seemingly cooled down. Shall we get to business? 

Touma: Yeah, why exactly do you want to talk to us? 

Misaki: I'm sure you already know about your little encounter with the sniper, right? 

Touma: Yeah?

Misaka: What about it? You expect us to find them again? They're probably somewhere else by now.

Misaki: I'm well aware. Though it doesn't mean we're just going to give up. 

Touma: So, what's the plan?

Misaki: We find them of course just like what Misaka-san said. 

Misaka: Ohh great. You want me and him to find him while you just sit there and look pretty?! Nahh, not gonna happen. 

Misaki: You didn't let me finish. I wasn't going to say that it's just going to be the two of you. I mean I'm planning to give you two some help. 

Touma: Help? Where do we even find help? 

Misaki: Well, there are a few that I think could provide the help we need.

Misaka: And who are you referring to?