Chapter 325: The King of Ikebukuro

Ikebukuro, Japan

Izaya's office

3rd person POV

Izaya was staring down at the two figures of their respective gangs that were suddenly taken from them. 

Izaya: Welcome to my office you two. 

Aoba: Cut the crap Izaya. 

Aoba called him out with a stern look. 

Izaya: Nice meeting you again too Aoba-kun.

Kida: I know it's been a long time and all but why are you back in Ikebukuro?

Izaya: Why am I back you ask? Sorry, but I'm not obligated to answer that in particular.

Kida: Why not?

Aoba: I don't know what kind of bullshit you've been doing as of late, but I want answers. 

Izaya: Right. You wanted to talk to me. That's fine. I did relay the message to my pawns that I'm open to whatever appointment I have to attend. Of course, especially ones that includes the two of you. 

Aoba: Then let's get straight to the point...are you the one behind the Blue Squares' eradication?! 

Izaya: What do you mean?

Aoba: The Blue Squares were all united as one under the leader himself Mikado. So, how the hell did all of this happen? Why are they working for the Dollars!!?? I know you're behind this. You're the only one mad enough to do so! 

Izaya: I did have a hand in it but Mikado-kun was the one who sealed their fate. 

Aoba: Huh!?

Kida: Mikado? What did you do to him?!

Izaya: Ohh I didn't do anything. He simply gave up his leadership role of both gangs and gave it all to me. I told him that I can have The Dollars as long as I fulfill his goal for him. But I never said that I'd also take the Blue Squares with it. Thus, when Mikado-kun decided to throw it all away. I simply took over everything. Including the Blue Squares.

Izaya turns to Kida.

Izaya: And that also goes the same for you Yellow Scarves. Every colored gang in Ikebukuro don't exist anymore. They are all united under a new banner. I mean forget about gang wars. Ikebukuro is in peace now thanks to me. I thought you two would be happy about it. I know Mikado-kun is. After all, this is what he wants and I'm merely doing what he wants but of course, with The Dollars under new management. 

Aoba: Peace huh? Heh! I don't believe you one bit. 

Izaya: Hmm?

Aoba: Listen, you wanted peace...and yet why enslave the people that are part of my gang??!! Huh!? Why did you go on and do that huh!? 

Kida: Hey! There's no need to fight. Izaya, what's really going on here. What exactly happened? I may not know but what I do know is that you're the only one capable of even pulling this off. At least give me an explanation. 

Izaya: I already told you. I wanted peace. I'm simply just doing what Mikado-kun dreamed of wanting to do and I fulfilled it for him. I may not be much, but I really am a nice guy. So, why aren't you guys happy when all crimes in Ikebukuro finally ended? I mean all of your friends have no reason to worry about people like you and you can rest for as long as you want. You can even find yourselves in college by this point which I'm sure you all did.

Aoba: I'm done listening to you. I don't know exactly how you managed to make everyone in the Blue Squares join you, but I won't stand for this! 

Izaya: So, what are you going to do kill me? Good luck with that. You should already know that I'm more than capable of slicing your throat without you even noticing it.