[Chapter 33 - Reunion]

_____

Lenora entered her apartment for what felt like the first time in years. It had been a few weeks now and the apartment had that lingering nostalgic smell to it. Lenora set her bag down in her room. So much had changed since the last time she was home.

There was a gentle knock at the door.

"Come in, it's open."  

Rex stepped into the apartment, with a bag in hand. 

"What's with the bag?" Lenora asked, already having an idea of what it might be.

"Well, I caught wind that Jesse was taking over Fives's role as the prankster of the barracks, and that he got his hands on some hair dye... I think you can figure the rest out yourself." 

"Well, you've still got that key right?" 

"Yep." 

"Well then, my door is always open..." Lenora smiled fiendishly before continuing- "And my bed..." 

Rex coughed and spluttered for a minute before turning on her- "Stellia and Calliope are terrible influences." 

"Oh don't pretend you don't love it." 

Rex rolled his eyes to the heavens before dropping his bag on the floor and ran forward, picking up Lenora by the waist and tossing her over his shoulder. 

"Rex!" Lenora laughed hysterically- "Put me down!" 

"If you say so!" Rex grinned dangerously.

"No! Wait! What are you doing!?" Lenora laughed.

Rex tossed her onto the couch, showing no mercy, he began tickling her ruthlessly. She squirmed and screamed in laughter. Eventually Rex showed mercy, letting Lenora go. She was now bright red in the face. Rex gazed at her, completely entranced. Even when she'd just been brutally 'attacked' she still managed to take his breath away.

It was at this point that they heard some commotion outside, and then Jesse and Kix came barging in. 

"Hey Lenora we got news about- oh... err.... umm..." Jesse eyed Lenora's reddened face and ruffled appearance.

"Sorry Captain, Lenora, didn't mean to intrude." Kix went to drag Jesse away.

"No, no you're not intruding anything." Lenora stood up to greet the pair. 

"You sure because uhh- we can come back later..." Jesse once again eyed her. 

"If you're thinking what I think you're thinking, then you're wrong." Lenora raised an eyebrow- "Anyway, what was the news?" 

"Um, we got some news about Fives. He's been showing more signs of waking soon." Kix informed. 

"That's good. We'll head in and check on him as soon as we can." Lenora thanked. 

"We'll leave you be now." Jesse smiled at the pair.

Lenora rolled her eyes to the heavens as the pair left. She turned around to find Rex putting his bag away. 

"By the way, guess what I've been tasked with delivering?" Rex pulled a small pot of paint from his bag- "Clone medic Lenora, your valiant actions on Anaxes, combined with your many years of loyal service, has earned you the official title of Sergeant Major." 

Rex took the paint, and carefully painted four chevrons on her left pauldron. He beamed proudly at her, and she sent back an absolutely dazzling smile. 

"Alright then Captain, I think it's time we cleaned the house up a little. We've got guests coming in a few rotations." 

"Yes Sergeant."