{Chapter 17 - Hold me, Thrill me, Kiss me}

I was feeling extra cringe today, I was listening to this song, and I don't have a whole lot of time on my hands, so here's a super fluffy mini chapter before we get into some really traumatic stuff :)

(BTW from now on if it's a mini chapter it will be indicated in special brackets {like this} )

_____

Music swirled around the walls of Lenora's small apartment on Coruscant, the smell of baked goods wafted through the air, and Lenora was to be seen twirling her way around the kitchen. 

There was a light knock at the door, so Lenora turned the music down slightly before going to answer. 

"Mind if I join you?" Rex greeted, stepping into the apartment.

"By all means, take a seat." Lenora motioned to a couple stools at the island counter. 

Rex took a seat, resting his elbows on the table- "What are you making? It smells amazing."

"Jogan fruit muffins! I know they're usually just used for cakes but I figured muffins are easier to share." Lenora smiled.

Rex smiled at his partner's enthusiasm- "Hey, why don't you turn the music back up?" 

"Alright, but you have to be prepared to hear my horrid singing."

"What do you mean horrid? You're a great singer!" 

"Sorry what? I can't hear you over the music!" Lenora avoided the compliment. 

Rex rolled his eyes and chuckled, lightly swaying to the music in his chair. 

Lenora began twirling around the kitchen again, cleaning up the bowls and utensils that she'd been using for the muffins, all while singing along to the song whirling around the apartment.

Eventually the music slowed and faded away, giving way to a new song.

"Oh! I love this song!" Lenora exclaimed as the first few notes played. 

She darted around the kitchen counter over to where Rex was sitting, pulling him to his feet.

"What's going on?" Rex asked smiling.

"You're dancing with me." Lenora said simply. 

"Alright, but don't be mad when I step on your toes."

Lenora guided Rex's hands to her waist, then placed hers on his shoulders, swaying gently as the music began to play. 

Hold me, hold me

Never let me go until you've told me, told me

What I want to know and then just hold me, hold me

Make me tell you I'm in love with you

As Lenora sang along, Rex couldn't help but stare lovingly down at her, entranced by her in this peaceful state.

Thrill me, thrill me

Walk me down the lane where shadows will be, will be

Hiding lovers just the same as we'll be, we'll be

When you make me tell you, "I love you" 

Rex pulled Lenora right in close to his chest, the pair of them still swaying to the music.

They told me, "Be sensible with your new love

Don't be a fool, thinking this is the last you'll find"

But they never stood in the dark with you, love

When you take me in your arms and drive me slowly out of my mind

Kiss me, kiss me

And when you do I'll know that you will miss me, miss me

If we ever say adieu, so kiss me, kiss me

Make me tell you I'm in love with you

Lenora raised her head from Rex's chest, moving to rest against his shoulder, nestling into the crook of his neck. From there he snaked his arms to wrap around her fully, resting on her lower back.

They told me, "Be sensible with your new love

Don't be a fool, thinking this is the last you'll find"

But they never stood in the dark with you love

When you take me in your arms and drive me slowly out of my mind

Kiss me, kiss me

And when you do I know that you will 

Miss me, miss me

If we ever say adieu so kiss me, kiss me

Make me tell you I'm in love with you

The music slowed and Lenora raised her head from Rex's shoulder, she removed a hand from him to place her thumb and forefinger on his chin, bringing his face to hers.

Make me tell you I'm in love with

You~

Lenora closed the gap between them, bringing Rex in for a long, soft kiss as the music faded out. 

The couple broke apart, Rex looked as if he'd just been kissed by an angel, which in his mind was true.

The dazed state the pair was in was interrupted by the blinking of the oven timer. Lenora slid out of Rex's embrace to tend to the muffins. Rex continued looking at her as if she'd just spun gold before his eyes.

"These will need a while to cool down, so don't take any unless you want a burnt tongue." Lenora warned.

Rex was still standing in shock, Lenora spotted this and approached him.

"Rex? You okay?"

Rex stared deeply into her eyes- "Stars you make me weak." 

Lenora's cheeks flushed a brilliant red, but she kept her wits about her. Leaning in, she whispered into Rex's ear, before taking his hand and leading him down the hall in a daze.

_____

🤭🤭 was feeling a bit cheeky with this one... Do tell me if you're a fan of the little mini-fluff chapter format, because it's definitely a good way for me to still be uploading new chapters while school is royally kicking me in the behind. 

Oh also I made some updates to the character list, and I have access to a character design sheet now so I might do some sketches of the characters, so let me know if you want to see that.

Anyway peace and love <3