[Chapter 22 - Lull]

______

The weeks after Ahsoka's departure passed in a slow fuzz. Kie'sha spent the majority of her time off with Lenora in the med bay, making the excuse that she was 'studying'. Obi-wan decided it was better to just let her, as he knew she wasn't taking the loss of her closest... friend... very well. 

Lenora had been spending her time away from the med bay with Rex, of course. They had planned several dates to go on in the time Anakin, and consequentially the 501st, had been given to recover from the dramatic events of the past few weeks.  

Unfortunately, Lenora seemed to have managed to catch a pretty nasty bug from one of her patients, and was now holed up in her apartment sounding like she'd swallowed a grater.

Rex entered her room- "Hey ner kar'ta." He whispered, stroking the top of her head as she lay half asleep.

Lenora grumbled before rolling over to face him. He noted her paled face, with two bright red blotches shading her cheeks, her eyes were droopy and her hair a mess. Nonetheless Rex thought she looked wonderful as always, even when she grumbled- "Go awayyyy...." 

"I can't just leave you to rot in your room like this love."

"I don't wanna make you sick though!" Lenora cried.

"I'm more worried about you right now ner kar'ta." Rex continued to stroke the top of her head.

"Don't worry about me. I'm a medic! I can look after myself!" Lenora tried to get up to push Rex out but fell right into his arms.

"Uh-huh. Well I'm going to make some nice warm tea with honey." Rex brought Lenora back to the bed, watching as her eyes began to drift closed again. 

Truth be told, Lenora was afraid. She was so worried about making Rex sick, almost as scared as she had been when she first noticed herself getting ill.

"Rex?"

"Yeah?"

"Can you stay for a bit longer?" 

"Of course." Rex chuckled at her sudden change of heart.

Lenora gazed into his eyes, she'd always loved his eyes- such a nice color, like honey.

"Thanks, I appreciate it." 

Lenora turned a brighter shade of red, she hadn't meant to say that. She got over it pretty quickly though, as Rex began to run his fingers lazily through her hair. She shuffled over to rest her head on his lap, forgetting any thoughts of concern for spreading the bug, or the fact that he still had the bottom half of his armor on, making it rather uncomfortable to lay on. 

She traced little patterns on his shirt, moving up to his arms. So strong... they'd lifted her so easily...

"I would hope they'd be strong after all of the training I had to go through." Rex chuckled. 

Lenora slapped her hand over her mouth- "Rex... are you a mind reader???" 

Rex chuckled again, smiling down at his clearly delirious partner- "No." 

"It's okay, you can tell me! I'm good at keeping secrets!" 

"Why don't you try to get some sleep. I'll make you that tea when you get up." 

Lenora tried to grumble about it, but found that her voice had finally given in. She opted to just listen to her partner. As Rex continued to stroke her hair, she felt her eyes begin to droop shut. 

~~~~

"YOU'RE NOT LISTENING TO ME!"

"FIVES NO!"