[Chapter 10 - Run Away]

_____

~~~~

Lenora stepped through the door and was greeted with a very stressed looking Nala Se.

"What happened Ma'am? Are you okay?" 

"Yes Theta-4, there has been a slight problem, but it will be resolved momentarily. Go to your room."

Lenora went back to her room, her feet dragging in frustration. She hated it when the Kaminoans treated her like a child. 

"BOO!" 

"Stellia!" Lenora exclaimed.

Lenora's sister had popped out from behind the door in an attempt to scare her.

"Gotcha! You should have seen the look on your face!" Stellia cackled.

"There was no look on my face! You didn't scare me!" 

"Uh huh- sure."

"Oh shove off. Hey do you know what's happened? Nala Se looks worried..."

Stellia's expression shifted- her eyes darkened- "It's probably Tessa- she's been looking sick for weeks."

"You don't mean she's- gone?"

The two girls were interrupted by Nala Se and another doctor entering the room.

"Have you girls finished your schooling for the day?" Nala Se asked.

"Yes Ma'am, we went through the last of the medical modules together." Lenora confirmed.

"Excellent, we need to perform a quick blood test, and then you are free to head to the sparring rooms."

"Can we join the other clone group this time?" Stellia chanced.

"Theta-6, you know why you cannot join them. They are to be soldiers, their fighting capabilities are far more honed than yours. You could be injured."

"Worth a shot..." Stellia mumbled.

The blood tests were quick, but nonetheless Lenora flinched when she felt the cold pinch of the needle. 

"Alright girls, you are free to do as you wish." 

"Nala Se, Ma'am? Is Tessa alright? She's been looking a bit ill lately." Lenora worried.

"Theta-2's condition is not of your concern. Run along now." 

The girls ran down to the sparring rooms, Stellia set up in front of a training dummy, with Lenora leaning against a nearby bench. 

"Don't you ever just want to leave?" Stellia vented as she landed a particularly hard blow on the dummy.

"No, Why?"

"I'm so sick of all of the testing. It's not our fault that the Kaminoans couldn't get their cloning right." she landed yet another would-be-killer blow- "They're the ones who abandoned the project just because the crusty old client kicked the bucket and left them with a bunch of clones with no purpose." yet another violent blow- "They're the ones who let all of our sisters die of some mysterious illness." she landed a punch so hard that the dummy tipped over and went crashing to the floor.

As Stellia reset the dummy Lenora thought about what she had said. It was indeed true that the Kaminoans had abandoned the project, but what were they supposed to do? Everyone started getting sick all of a sudden, there were only three- no, two- of them left, they had to make sure the sickness didn't spread right?